SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "Do you think most people would think that teenage beauty pageants are a good idea?"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Do you think most people would think that teenage beauty pageants are a good idea?" Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted
Gladys- "Oh yeah, sure, I know what some of your big city no-bra wearin' hairy legged women libbers might say. They might say that a pageant is old fashioned and demeaning to the girls."

Iris- "What's sick is women dressin' like men."

Gladys- "You betcha Iris. No, I think you boys are gonna find somethin' a little bit different here in Mount Rose. For one thing, we're all God fearin' folk, every last one of us...and you will not find a "back room" in our video store. No no, that filth is better left to the sin cities."

Iris-"aka Minneapolis St. Paul."

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
"That's why we Lutherans use grape Kool-Aid for the blood of Christ."

One of my favorite movies. Smile

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8532 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mom still cries every time she sees a tilt-a-whirl or a fat lady in a tube top.

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Man, I love you guys. It's got everything... guns, scantily clad beautiful girls, slapstick humor, and some dynamite one-liners. I was starting to think there was no love for this comedic gem. Big Grin

==================

"It's always hard to see the young ones called home... especially on an exploding thresher. It's just so odd and gross".

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post

quote:
“I was Mount Rose American Teen Princess 1945. We were at war with the Japs. Didn't even get to keep my damn tiara. Had to turn it in for scrap.”

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, she’s just yelling, “mom, mom” because she has Tourettes! She’s Annette’s kid, dipshit!

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
^^^^
Man, I love you guys. It's got everything... guns, scantily clad beautiful girls, slapstick humor, and some dynamite one-liners. I was starting to think there was no love for this comedic gem. Big Grin

==================

"It's always hard to see the young ones called home... especially on an exploding thresher. It's just so odd and gross".

The funny thing is that I have to explain most of the movie to any of my friends who aren’t from the Midwest… Roll Eyes

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
"Hey hey, Miss Penthouse '98, close those legs, I could drive a boat show in there."

Posts: 3187 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah. Guys get out of Mount Rose all the time on hockey scholarships…or prison.

Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
I also love the opening music - "Lost Picasso" by Hot Sauce Johnson.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8532 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Excellent point that I had intended to, but neglected to make. The soundtrack on this flick is actually pretty good. I watched my DVD copy a couple nights ago and I've had Lost Picasso stuck in my ears since. Not the worst ear worm to have. Amber's highway dance number is pretty good too.

=============

"Well, yeah, Tammy liked to drive her dad's thresher but, I mean she said the heavy vibrations helped her think, but I know for a fact, Tammy only smoked after a good drive. You ask me, or anyone else willing to talk about it, Tammy was murdered."