SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix series Beef
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix series Beef Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
Anyone else seen this? It takes a lot for me to get into a series but this one had me hooked almost immediately and I binged it in two nights.

The Comedy/Drama genre tag was perfect. It was sad in some ways but I laughed during every episode. I liked all of the characters and their story lines and I loved the soundtrack.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Yes, it does start strong and holds attention. Interesting and well-defined characters and a plot that is human and pretty believable. We've got two episodes to go, I'll reserve comment except to say do check it out.

BTW The lead is Steven Yeun who played Glenn on "The Walking Dead" and he received a Best Actor Oscar nomination in 2018 for "Burning". He's excellent in "Beef"

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to watch it.
I know Ali Wong and her family growing up...she was a kick, and definitely not the meek-Asian girl that some people try to stereotype. She's done well for herself, quite proud actually.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Yes, it does start strong and holds attention. Interesting and well-defined characters and a plot that is human and pretty believable. We've got two episodes to go, I'll reserve comment except to say do check it out.

BTW The lead is Steven Yeun who played Glenn on "The Walking Dead" and he received a Best Actor Oscar nomination in 2018 for "Burning". He's excellent in "Beef"

I feel like the last two are the most climactic and different episodes.

When you finish, please add a ****spoiler**** tag and comment on them.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
I need to watch it.
I know Ali Wong and her family growing up...she was a kick, and definitely not the meek-Asian girl that some people try to stereotype. She's done well for herself, quite proud actually.

I haven’t seen her in anything else but she was fantastic in this.

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
It is good

I'm in the middle of episode 8, it's a pretty dark episode so far

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
I need to watch it.

I haven’t seen her in anything else but she was fantastic in this.

Her notable movie before this was Always Be My Maybe, an easy watch rom-com that was largely well received. Before that she's been in a bunch of TV shows as a guest, and had a couple of Netflix stand-up comedy specials that were popular, her style of comedy is a bit over-the-top, more demonstrative than her movie roles.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed it. Great acting, great story. And a 2-tone 229 plays a supporting role!

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Really liking this so far. Great starting hook!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Guess I'm the odd man out. Tried watching the first episode but it simply did not draw me in at all.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
My wife wants to start this show soon.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the bit about the crows was pretty clever.

Tony

Posts: 306 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Good watch. Wouldn’t have tried it otherwise so thank y’all.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Holy crap that went places I never would have imagined. Really good show.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Guess I'm the odd man out. Tried watching the first episode but it simply did not draw me in at all.

I tried a few episodes and abandoned ship. It did not keep my interest or draw me in at all.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I like it. I can't believe how they have gotten into holes but keep on digging.

It is funny and horrifying.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried to watch episode one but couldn’t get into it. Will try again. Maybe I pulled the trigger to soon.

Posts: 40 | Location: Southwestern Ohio | Registered: September 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slowlane:
I tried to watch episode one but couldn’t get into it. Will try again. Maybe I pulled the trigger too soon.

That’s what happened to me too, but gave it another shot and finished in a couple days. Kinda weird, interesting premise, and some surprises toward the end. I did enjoy it and would watch a 2nd season if one comes out.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stkfox:
quote:
Originally posted by Slowlane:
I tried to watch episode one but couldn’t get into it. Will try again. Maybe I pulled the trigger too soon.

That’s what happened to me too, but gave it another shot and finished in a couple days.

Haven't been tempted to try again what with all the other choices out there. I don't like having to "work" for my entertainment. I want to relax and enjoy. Guess I'm just getting old. Big Grin Beef looked to be far too much work.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Either it resonates or it doesn't.

I thought it was excellent. A lot of work went into it, not a lazy or woke production by any stretch, it was refreshing. I kept waiting for the writers to ruin it with some bullshit virtue sigaling, but they seemed to avoid it like the plague and labored to stay true to a facinating clash of personalities.

Bravo.

I hope they don't do another season.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post