SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix series Beef
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix series Beef Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I looked at the list of movies and shows that the company A24 are involved with and the ones I’ve seen have been excellent. And not a single one has had and woke nonsense. Of course there’s a lot more that I haven’t seen than I have, but I’m a fan.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I tend not to like shows where everything goes wrong. This one was written so well. Every bad thing was supported by bad decisions made by each character. Sometimes you learned it right away, and sometimes you learned it with flash backs. Overall morale of the story is you never know what the other person is dealing with so back off a bit.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I tend not to like shows where everything goes wrong. This one was written so well. Every bad thing was supported by bad decisions made by each character. Sometimes you learned it right away, and sometimes you learned it with flash backs. Overall morale of the story is you never know what the other person is dealing with so back off a bit.

I completely agree with you.

But what’s funny is another A24 film, Uncut Gems, is the same way, where every decision by the main character is a bad one. But I loved it.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I could only make it through 1.5 episodes.

Just didn’t feel it.

I’ll try it again later.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Finally made it through all the episodes. It started off interesting but ended uninteresting. Boring last episode.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Well, from episode 9 there was no where left to go but down. The final episode was anti climactic. Ali Wong for starting as a comedian turned in a tour de force performance in places in this series. I hope they don't do a season two. Let this stand on its own.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t mind a season 2 with completely different characters and a different story. Kind of like American Horror Story did.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I wouldn’t mind a season 2 with completely different characters and a different story. Kind of like American Horror Story did.

I could see that! A mutual animosity and all the others in that world who get dragged in.

A second season of this "Beef" didn't seem to make sense, both main players had faced off and learned about themselves and each other, end of that story.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post