SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Trek: The Motion Picture Director's Edition in 4K Coming April 5th
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek: The Motion Picture Director's Edition in 4K Coming April 5th Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Contentious keeps discussions interesting at times. I like all things ST. Just some more than others. I did see this in the theater as a kid. Even back then I wanted my $3.50 back lol.

Was this one of those writer strike movies?

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
No, just badly managed by Gene Roddenberry, who was listed as the sole producer on the movie. Even the script for “In Thy Image” was written at the last minute before Star Trek: Phase Two was scrapped as a TV series and shifted into movie production. The ending of the episode basically was Kirk and the probe beaming down to Starfleet Archives to prove humans were the creators, getting pissed off it was created by inferior life forms, and leaves.

Then with 8 months to go, the FX company they hired proved they were completely incompetent and wasted 2/3rd of their time to produce nothing leading to another mad rush to get the film finished.

There’s a reason Gene Roddenberry never produced a movie ever again and was just listed as a “Executive Consultant” for every other TOS movie.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post