SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Amazon Has Released a Trailer for Tom Clancy's Without Remorse...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Has Released a Trailer for Tom Clancy's Without Remorse... Login/Join 
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I went in with an open mind knowing it shared the name only of the great Clancy work. I managed to get through it, but can say it was pretty much a giant steaming woke turd. Even the gun play sucked.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I liked Liev Schreiber who played Clark in The Sum Of All Fears.

I also preferred him to Dafoe.

I remember hearing rumors of a Without Remorse movie at least a decade ago, and was, at the time, excited.

Last week my Roku was featuring the trailer and, like you all, I found it absolutely unpalatable.

We should crowd-fund a production of the book into the movie it should be.

Posts: 6364 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
They ruined the story, but I guess that what Drama is all about. Im not a big Clancy fan, but do enjoy some of his work. I think that was one of his best Story line that was unfortunately bastardized by Hollywood.

Posts: 105 | Registered: March 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I just tried watching it and only made it through a couple minutes. It’s one of those freaking cartoon/video game animation things for the most part and I can’t stand those things.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I liked Liev Schreiber who played Clark in The Sum Of All Fears.

Yet another movie that changed the BGs.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I watched it. It was fine as a generic action movie. Having read some Tom Clancy, I’m sure the plot was nowhere near the source material in terms of quality and coherence. Luckily, I haven’t read the book, so I didn’t have to worry about knowing exactly how bastardized it was. I’d put it on for something to watch in the background, but don’t think I will be sitting dow to actually watch it again.

- Bret

Posts: 2466 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Still flogging it on Prime

Would it really have cost any more to at least follow the book? It can’t be about the money.

Why do regressives have the need to destroy everything they touch?

Posts: 53180 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
I plodded and struggled until the 38min mark....

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
It's terrible. I could barely watch it. Best thing of all is my friend is a military liaison fairly high up at the pentagon. I was with him when he was talking on the phone with Michael B. Jordan. Even Michael B. said it was shit!

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tom Clancy must be rolling over in his grave, The only thing they used from the the Great Tom Clancy book was a few names. This would have been a mediocre action movie if they used different names. Instead it's an insult to anyone who read the book. Why can't they just make their own movies without crapping on Tom Clancy's name?

The Expanse pretty closely follows the books and is far superior because of it.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Yes this was pretty terrible. Very generic, stupid plot. We found it quite boring

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post