SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Band that you really tried to like, but couldn't
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Band that you really tried to like, but couldn't Login/Join 
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
U2

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I play the drums and dabble in guitar.

I like (or not) individual songs and don't care who the band is.

Some bands I like many of their songs, some songs I only like either the live version or the studio version, and other bands where I only care for maybe a single song.

I don't try to like a whole band. But, back in the day I would go to a concert even if I only liked 1-2 songs (and never heard the others cause the radio didn't play them).

On the other hand, I don't care for and would not have gone to see Aerosmith or Van Halen, but do like 1-2 of each of their songs.

Another example is Journey. Look into the Future and Midnight Dreamer are great to me, but can't stand them otherwise. I think they changed after that album anyway.

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Queensryche...

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5402 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Aerosmyth and Van Haylan

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lots already mentioned:

Rolling Stones

Aerosmith

Metallica

there are 1 or 2 songs from these bands I like -- but given they all have tons of albums that is a poor showing

my main playlists are:

Killers radio -- decent selection of 'indie' / alt rock from past / present

Judas Priest radio -- when I want some uptempo 80's metal

Jason Aldean radio -- when I want some mindless 'modern' country to sing along with -- lot of people dont care for new country and I get it - but its pretty harmless

every now and then Eagles radio -- when I want a mix of classic rock -- Eagles, Bob Seger, Journey, etc

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
U2, I just dont get the appeal.

Springsteen's, never saw the big deal.

Posts: 1539 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pink Floyd

Posts: 704 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Bruce Springsteen
Phish
Dave Matthews Band

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Springsteen is at the top of my list followed by U2, DMB, Rush

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Iron Maiden
Dave Matthews

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post