SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Expanse!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Expanse!!!! Login/Join 
posted
I am an Expanse fan and just rewatched it for the second time. getting ready for the December release of Season 6. It made more sense with the second watching, cant wait for the 6th season to be released.

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
If this is the final season, and if they intend to capture the rest of the books visually, good luck.

Hoping for the best, but that is a lot of material to cover.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
If this is the final season, and if they intend to capture the rest of the books visually, good luck.

The did an entire book in an episode & did a really good job with it, IMO. A lot of the Ilus & Laconia stuff got drug out in the books.

I watched the 1st season before I started to read the books. After book 1, I liked the books better than the TV show. Now it's shifting back to the TV show being better. Timeline & continuity are better - but they get the benefit if refining the story.

I need to re-read the series soon since the last book is coming out. Might try to do all that before the show.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:

Agreed, and I'm not even finished with the books. The Laconians just came through the Sol gate...

I can't wait for this next season.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I’m a late arrival to the world of “The Expanse” and watched the whole series over the summer. Looking very forward to the upcoming season and have now started the book series.

Out of my nerd-dom, I ordered the item pictured below. Between both four-wheel-drive AND an Epstein Drive, I should be covered transport-wise haha… Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never read the books, I guess I need to load some on my Kindle and start. I dont know how Amos and Peaches got their super powers either. I originally started watching Expanse on AP and realized I was in the middle of a series and started over with it. I just rewatched Farscape, the Aussie series a couple months back and found they had added some more to it. I am a geek.

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
peaches has implants that give here a burst of adrenaline + other shit. 10 seconds of superwoman, then pass out vomiting. She got them in her plot to kill Holden & crew for taking her dad down a few notches (he was the $$ behind the Eros experiment & other stuff)
Amos doesn't have superpowers, he's just a badass/animal.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont know because when he jumped the belters that were trying to roll them, he went psycho than was throwing up afterwards.......

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kyoung:
I dont know because when he jumped the belters that were trying to roll them, he went psycho than was throwing up afterwards.......

Amos is an Inner, as in born on Earth,

since he grew up in gravity, he is stronger than a belter,

I don't recall the puking part, but I do need to rewatch the series

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For anyone who has not read the books or watched the show, I recommend both. The show actually does a great job of capturing the visuals and the books give you character thoughts. Both do a great job.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Currently rewatching preparing for the final season.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Currently rewatching preparing for the final season.

Planning on doing the same & going to start acquiring the books, too.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Check out a pod called Ty and That Guy. Hosted by Wes Chatham and Ty Franck. In depth discussion of episodes and other fun stories.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
2 episodes into S1 last night.
Had forgotten how the crew originally got together.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Funny story, I read the books while recovering from surgery. But quit reading after the earth got destroyed by a few angry belter terrorists, and then Holden lectures everyone to forgive and forget and to help each other.

Then a few years ago, my wife and I are watching this cool new series and I keep thinking, "I know this story . . ." but I had not seen the show before. I think it was late in season 1 that I finally realized it was the same series I had read.

I really enjoyed the TV series and cant wait to watch the new season, but I have not returned to the books to continue to get lectured by Holden Wink

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3575 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Looks good!!!

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Man I LOVE me some great Newtonian physics space battles!!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Cant wait!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
I really enjoyed the TV series and cant wait to watch the new season, but I have not returned to the books to continue to get lectured by Holden Wink

The moralistic statements/speeches get a bit tiresome...

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post