Notify
Tools

Kelly's Heros Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
Finishing the last half hour.

I love to watch this movie.

I am always amazed at the cast and how many went on to incredible acting careers.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
It's always a fun ride.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Wuf, Wuf, Wuf!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Booker!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
A great movie, except for the hippie starchild soundtrack.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I love the soundtrack Smile

Yes, the main song "Burning Bridges" has a late 1960s sound, but hippie? Mike Curb wrote the song (along with the Hank Williams Jr song during the Sherman attack) and it is a pop song of the times. Curb later became a Republican politician in CA, one of his memorable stances was advocating the death penalty for drug dealers who kill users with their products. But I can't imagine the film without "Burning Bridges".

Lalo Schifrin, who scored the soundtrack, is legendary, also scoring TV themes from Mission Impossible, Mannix, Starksy & Hutch, and films like Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, Cool Hand Luke, Enter The Dragon, Bullitt, and a bunch of others.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
an awesome movie and the soundtrack just makes it better

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Very good, Fischer! You win a cookie.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Dang it... now I got to watch it again... I think the opening scene is just too funny...

and don't forget that Oddball's mechanic, Moriarty, who had to keep that tank running went on after the war to being a news writer for Mary Tyler Moore and then captain of a cruise ship.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blume9mm,

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
"Always with the negative waves!"

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I've been working on the Railroad" song as tanks shoot up the Train maintenance yard is a hoot.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
Oddball: Well, yeah man, you see, like, all tanks we come up against are bigger and better than ours, so all we can hope to does, like, scare them away. This gun is an ordinary 76mm but we add this piece onto it, and the krauts think maybe it's a 90mm. We got our own ammunition, it's filled with paint. when we fire it, it makes pretty pictures. Scares the hell outta people. We have a loudspeaker , and when we go into battle we play music very loud. It kind of calms us down.

Posts: 2219 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
One of the movies I can never pass by when flipping channels.

Die Hard is the other.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
You'll also spot Uncle Leo from Seinfeld.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah...the bridge guy!!

quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
You'll also spot Uncle Leo from Seinfeld.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Maybe he's a Republican". "Ya' know, business is business".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post