Kelly's Heros

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/1550066194

April 30, 2022, 06:35 PM
P-220
Kelly's Heros
Finishing the last half hour.

I love to watch this movie.

I am always amazed at the cast and how many went on to incredible acting careers.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
April 30, 2022, 06:45 PM
ArtieS
It's always a fun ride.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
April 30, 2022, 06:47 PM
P-220
Wuf, Wuf, Wuf!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
April 30, 2022, 08:38 PM
LS1 GTO
Booker!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

April 30, 2022, 09:00 PM
parabellum

May 01, 2022, 08:58 AM
RogueJSK
A great movie, except for the hippie starchild soundtrack.
May 01, 2022, 11:29 AM
oddball
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I love the soundtrack Smile

Yes, the main song "Burning Bridges" has a late 1960s sound, but hippie? Mike Curb wrote the song (along with the Hank Williams Jr song during the Sherman attack) and it is a pop song of the times. Curb later became a Republican politician in CA, one of his memorable stances was advocating the death penalty for drug dealers who kill users with their products. But I can't imagine the film without "Burning Bridges".

Lalo Schifrin, who scored the soundtrack, is legendary, also scoring TV themes from Mission Impossible, Mannix, Starksy & Hutch, and films like Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, Cool Hand Luke, Enter The Dragon, Bullitt, and a bunch of others.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
May 01, 2022, 06:35 PM
nhtagmember
an awesome movie and the soundtrack just makes it better
May 01, 2022, 06:44 PM
Skull Leader
Very good, Fischer! You win a cookie.
May 02, 2022, 07:36 AM
Blume9mm
Dang it... now I got to watch it again... I think the opening scene is just too funny...

and don't forget that Oddball's mechanic, Moriarty, who had to keep that tank running went on after the war to being a news writer for Mary Tyler Moore and then captain of a cruise ship.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blume9mm,

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
May 02, 2022, 01:22 PM
kkina
"Always with the negative waves!"

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
May 02, 2022, 04:46 PM
GWbiker
"I've been working on the Railroad" song as tanks shoot up the Train maintenance yard is a hoot.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".
May 02, 2022, 08:08 PM
ptruck
Oddball: Well, yeah man, you see, like, all tanks we come up against are bigger and better than ours, so all we can hope to does, like, scare them away. This gun is an ordinary 76mm but we add this piece onto it, and the krauts think maybe it's a 90mm. We got our own ammunition, it's filled with paint. when we fire it, it makes pretty pictures. Scares the hell outta people. We have a loudspeaker , and when we go into battle we play music very loud. It kind of calms us down.
May 02, 2022, 10:10 PM
StarTraveler
One of the movies I can never pass by when flipping channels.

Die Hard is the other.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca
May 08, 2022, 06:52 AM
AUTiger89
You'll also spot Uncle Leo from Seinfeld.

Phone's ringing, Dude.
May 08, 2022, 09:37 AM
Jimbo Jones
Oh yeah...the bridge guy!!

quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
You'll also spot Uncle Leo from Seinfeld.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.
May 08, 2022, 04:10 PM
GWbiker
"Maybe he's a Republican". "Ya' know, business is business".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".