SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Love, Death, & Robots (Netflix)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Love, Death, & Robots (Netflix) Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Laughing my ass off watching the first episode of this Netflix series that had been recommended to me. Maniac renegade home vacuum cleaner robot.

Certainly not my norm but am enjoying it thus far.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16143 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first one is definitely funny. Another funny one is the one about 3 robots (it’s called “Three Robots”) doing a tour of a post-apocalypse city trying to learn about humans. The female robot shaped like a pyramid is hilarious, but the episode drops off at the end. Many of the episodes are very good, some OK, and a few lame. Just a note, this first episode isn’t really representative of the rest. Quite a few are dark and pretty violent, and not funny.

Posts: 3324 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just a note, this first episode isn’t really representative of the rest. Quite a few are dark and pretty violent, and not funny.

Yeah, I didn't last long with it. Looking at Ghost in the Shell:SAC_2045 now instead. This anime or cartoon stuff is all new to me....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16143 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The first season was better but all of them are worth watching. I really liked, I think it was called “blue” or something to that effect with the artist painting nothing but blue.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7625 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Awesome series. The first season definitely was my favorite but there were several in the second that were great too.
If you liked this try Oats Studio's short stories also.

Posts: 10825 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Because of this thread, I checked it out last night and really liked it!

The episode "Three Robots" was hilarious and the "Beyond the Aquila Rift" one was really good, sort of in a way reminded me of the Martian Chronicles short story "Mars Is Heaven!"

Posts: 33580 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:

The female robot shaped like a pyramid is hilarious

I thought that robot was supposed to be a robot version of a metronome:

Posts: 33580 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Some I LOVED, some I really liked, some were not my cup of tea. But Peter Hamilton, Neal Asher, Marko Kloos, and John Scalzi . . . well, that a hellofa combination.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It reminds me of the old Heavy Metal movie, animated vignettes in various styles. Some funny, some not. But, just because one didn’t strike you, the next one might.

Ghost in the Shell is a good franchise, though you can spend an hour on Wikipedia trying to sort out the various series, timelines, alternate story lines.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:

The female robot shaped like a pyramid is hilarious

Likely you are correct. I was going from memory and a pyramid shape was all I could think of. She had some of the funniest lines in the episode, especially when they find the basketball.

Posts: 3324 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
"Bad ball! Now, go think about what you've done."

Easily one of my top five Netflix shows. Not even sure what the other four would be right now.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
It reminds me of the old Heavy Metal movie, animated vignettes in various styles.

The series was proposed as a follow up third Heavy Metal movie. It evolved into Love Death & Robots

Posts: 1603 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Great series. I really liked Oats Studios as well. The 80s cooking show was hilarious, though it did make me gag.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17243 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Great series. I really liked Oats Studios as well. The 80s cooking show was hilarious, though it did make me gag.

I dug the one with the two r&d weapons guys testing stuff on inmates.
That and the lead off with Sigourney Weaver should be a whole movie.

Posts: 10825 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mixed bag. Some are outstanding, a few lame, most are pretty good = worth checking out.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Mixed bag. Some are outstanding, a few lame, most are pretty good = worth checking out.

This was my take, more or less.

Overall impression = HIGHLY worth checking out, as there were several episodes in both seasons that I enjoyed immensely, with a few that aren’t really worth watching again.

I really wanna make my kids (whenever we have them) watch the Santa episode to scare them straight… LOL!

Posts: 50 | Location: Northern Indiana | Registered: September 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:...

You can't be Siri-ous, it's Alexa...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43801 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post