SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Lawrence of Arabia
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lawrence of Arabia Login/Join 
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
The importance of the Deraa torture scene is that it is the "push" that sent Lawrence into madness, in Allenby's office with Dryden.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
The importance of the Deraa torture scene is that it is the "push" that sent Lawrence into madness, in Allenby's office with Dryden.

That makes more sense to me, as far as clarifying the relevance within the parameters of the film, without reaching into the rest of Lawrence's life, not portrayed in the movie. Thanks. I guess my attitude during the end of the movie caused me to forget this aspect.

Posts: 2135 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:

That makes more sense to me, as far as clarifying the relevance within the parameters of the film, without reaching into the rest of Lawrence's life, not portrayed in the movie. Thanks. I guess my attitude during the end of the movie caused me to forget this aspect.

It ties in well with his blood lust of the Turkish brigade as it heads to damas. He sees the murder, rape and slaughter of that village.

Sharif does his best to hold him back, but the madness wins.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
“The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts.“

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post