SIGforum
Lawrence of Arabia

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/1000008484

September 08, 2021, 07:52 PM
AUTiger89
Lawrence of Arabia
The importance of the Deraa torture scene is that it is the "push" that sent Lawrence into madness, in Allenby's office with Dryden.

Phone's ringing, Dude.
September 09, 2021, 05:23 AM
KSGM
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
The importance of the Deraa torture scene is that it is the "push" that sent Lawrence into madness, in Allenby's office with Dryden.

That makes more sense to me, as far as clarifying the relevance within the parameters of the film, without reaching into the rest of Lawrence's life, not portrayed in the movie. Thanks. I guess my attitude during the end of the movie caused me to forget this aspect.
September 09, 2021, 07:23 AM
DSgrouse
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:

That makes more sense to me, as far as clarifying the relevance within the parameters of the film, without reaching into the rest of Lawrence's life, not portrayed in the movie. Thanks. I guess my attitude during the end of the movie caused me to forget this aspect.

It ties in well with his blood lust of the Turkish brigade as it heads to damas. He sees the murder, rape and slaughter of that village.

Sharif does his best to hold him back, but the madness wins.
September 09, 2021, 08:39 PM
G-Man
“The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts.“