SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Smith & Wesson FPC folding pistol carbine just released
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Smith & Wesson FPC folding pistol carbine just released Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/fpc

The new optics-ready M&P® FPC™ showcases our brand new, compact, folding design. Coming with(one) 17-round and (two) 23-round magazines, the in-stock magazine storage w/ quick-release latch makes reloading convenient and quick. The M&P® FPC™ is compatible with M&P® full-size and compact pistol double-stack magazines, and includes a carrying bag with additional storage and Velcro® straps.

Compact, folding design.
Optics-ready.
Integrated recoil buffer system.
Reversible magazine catch.
30 3/8" unfolded length to 16 3/8" folded.
1/2-28 threaded muzzle with thread protector.
Flat-face trigger with crisp break.
Compatible with M&P® Pistol double-stack magazines.
In-stock magazine storage w/quick-release tab system.
Horizontal folding mechanism with locking latch.
Horizontal folding design doesn’t interfere with top-mounted optics (optics sold separately).
M-LOK® slots on handguard with Picatinny-style rail on top.
Charging slide/handle doubles as retainer when folded.
Ships with (one) 17-round magazine and (two) 23-round magazines.
Carrying bag with additional storage and Velcro® straps.
Made in U.S.A.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bubbatime,

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for letting us know. I like it. I will check it out when it is available at my LGS. God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
On one hand, how many ways can you make a blow back PCC in a tube? It does look sorta similar, but how much more different can you make the base idea?

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
On one hand, how many ways can you make a blow back PCC in a tube? It does look sorta similar, but how much more different can you make the base idea?

Side folder instead of a top folder is a change, and a worthwhile change in my opinion. I bought the Keltec for a specific purpose, and I really like it. For me, the only negative is that being top folder, it’s a pain to mount an optic. A side folder would solve that! If it has a reasonable price tag, I’m in!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2490 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I don’t need one, but give them kudos for adjusting to what the market desires. I think Ruger has been good at that too, all the CC handguns over recent years.

The market for a bolt-action rifle for deer hunting ain’t what it used to be.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can’t tell from the picture where it folds. My Sub2000 which I never shoot but still think is incredibly cool, folds in the middle which makes the overall length short. If it folds in the traditional stock area I think it would be longer overall. Maybe I’m thinking about this wrong.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I can’t tell from the picture where it folds.

Seems to be right behind the RDS. Where the blob (hinge) is located on the right side.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I can’t tell from the picture where it folds.

Seems to be right behind the RDS. Where the blob (hinge) is located on the right side.

From that 1 photo, I'd agree, just ahead of the chamber.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
I'm sure they're trying to steer people toward the M&P, but it would sure be nice if it would take Glock mags.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Bit of an ugly duck, but it'll sell if it's not overpriced.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I updated the original post now that it’s been released.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooger:
I'm sure they're trying to steer people toward the M&P, but it would sure be nice if it would take Glock mags.

Maybe their lawyers haven't yet side-stepped patents on Kel Tec's magazine catch kit designs:

Beretta, CZ, S&W M&P, Sig 320, Sig 226, SW59, Canik TP9.

So, you'll have to buy a S&W M&P pistol as a companion. Smile

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea, those pictures weren't on the thread when I posted. It clearly folds in the same basic place as the Sub2000.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
YouTube vids are up

https://youtu.be/H8LhFgxUkm4

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Forgive me I'm on mobile, but here's a link to MrGunsnGears video on it.

Edited to embed the video.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vgex,

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
$600 on PSA, pass

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
MSRP is 659$ on S&W's website. Not bad for a PCC.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I mean... I was thinking if they keep it sub $800 it'll sell. I think it's a good entry price point. Especially if you already have the mags.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be cool if they made a SBR variant, using the back half but fixing a 3.5” - 5.5” threaded barrel to it.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Even uglier than the KelTec, nice job Smith.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post