SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Israel retiring it's Tavor in favor of the M4
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Israel retiring it's Tavor in favor of the M4 Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is surprising, especially since they designed the tavor for the kind of fighting they do.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I will hold on to mine but I can understand why.
The AR platform is hard to beat.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
You know, if they could get into Afghanistan, they could get thousands of M4s for free.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
No detail in that article. Is this legit? What are the reasons?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
What are the reasons?

Those M4s are likely covered with the $3.8 Billion dollars we gave them in 2020.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Not surprising. Same thing happened to the Galil. They get rifles from the US for free. Why spend money on rifles?

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
to bad they couldn't be imported in large numbers!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI, There was a press release today that the IDF is buying more x95’s.
התבורים באים! IDF Announces further Micro Tavor acquisition

אנו מודים לצהל על האמון הרב ועל בחירתו להמשיך ולהצטייד ברובה המיקרו תבור!
בהזדמנות זו אנו מבקשים לאחל שנה טובה לחיילי צהל, עובדי החברה, לקוחותינו ברחבי העולם וכל עם ישראל.
שנה טובה ומתוקה!

We thank the Israel Defense Forces for their continued support and cooperation in choosing the Micro Tavor as their main service rifle. We also want to take this opportunity in wishing the IDF soldiers, IWI employees, our customers around the world, and the Israeli citizens a Very Happy Rosh Hashanah

LINK to IDF article below.

https://www.idf.il/137910/

Photo - @idf

#iwi #IDF #microtavor #x95 #tavor #צהל #IWItavor

Posts: 266 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
In the end nothing beats a well made M4 for functionality and ergonomics.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the desert, I'd much rather have a Galil.

rambo

Posts: 243 | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dyingtime:
In the end nothing beats a well made M4 for functionality and ergonomics.

Unless you happen to be left handed or left eye dominant. Those unfortunate few of us.

Posts: 342 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^There are a multitude of options available to customize the M4/AR15 Rifle to suit Left Eye Dominant/Left Handed Shooters....This is a Non-Issue, and I'm a Lefty, so I'm speaking from experience! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^There are a multitude of options available to customize the M4/AR15 Rifle to suit Left Eye Dominant/Left Handed Shooters....This is a Non-Issue, and I'm a Lefty, so I'm speaking from experience! Wink

And a Tavor can't be used left handed unless you change the bolt and swap the ejection port cover. Gas in the face (M4) or casings in the ear (Tavor)?

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well hooooold yer horses. Apparently more compact 95s will be purchased, but the IDF still plans on buying and issuing Tavors as their 'standard' rifle. Or at least that's so per TFB -

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...not-replacing-tavor/

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Man, there are a lot of innovative and interesting carbine ideas out there. But for most applications, America’s Rifle always comes out on top.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

And a Tavor can't be used left handed unless you change the bolt and swap the ejection port cover. Gas in the face (M4) or casings in the ear (Tavor)?

Good to know. My son recently emigrated to Israel and will be joining the IDF in a few momths, and he's left eye-dominant so shoots rifles (and hits baseballs) left-handed.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
But for most applications, America’s Rifle always comes out on top.

Careful, the bullpup fans might state you "just aren't getting it"

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Man, there are a lot of innovative and interesting carbine ideas out there. But for most applications, America’s Rifle always comes out on top.

I'd be willing to bet that the M16/M4 platform will outlast the M1911A1 for length of service with the US Military. A lot.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Well, they finally came to their senses. I do love the M4. Apparently I am not alone.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post