SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Home Defense Shotguns...what are you using?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Home Defense Shotguns...what are you using? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Primary HD shotgun is 1301. Can be seen in this video.

shotgun ammo carriers

Ignem Feram

Posts: 535 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

I was not able to try the 00 buck federal flight control as I could t get any. We used to use it at the PD, but I don’t have access to it anymore-otherwise I’d use it. It’s the best product on the market for keeping a tight group.

Mike, e-mail on the way.

Posts: 2476 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

I was not able to try the 00 buck federal flight control as I could t get any. We used to use it at the PD, but I don’t have access to it anymore-otherwise I’d use it. It’s the best product on the market for keeping a tight group.

Mike, e-mail on the way.

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

I love this place.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11311 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
For semi-suburban environment any thoughts on 00 vs. No. 4 buckshot. Stop the intruder with a minimum risk to nearby houses?

I live in a townhouse, so that was my primary reason for choosing #4 over 00. I said this on the first page but if I run thru the 6 rounds of #4 that I keep in the tube, I have 6 more rounds of 00 on the side saddle to follow up with.

To be perfectly honest tho, if 6 rounds of #4 won’t solve the problem in my home, I really don’t know what else would. At the distances I have to work with, I can’t imagine #4 not being devastating.

Posts: 334 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used to use reduced recoil #4 with flite control, but gave all of that to my 80ish year old dad. Now use either Winchester ranger 00 or Hornady TAP 00, both with flite control wads.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Mav 88 with 500 slide action

Posts: 3532 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have an old school wood furniture Remington 870EPM.

It's loaded out with #4, 00 and slug, then buck and ball.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34152 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post