SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Reviews of Tikka T3x TAC A1 rifles in 6.5 Creedmoor and 308 Win. (New shooting results page 8, 22Nov23.)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reviews of Tikka T3x TAC A1 rifles in 6.5 Creedmoor and 308 Win. (New shooting results page 8, 22Nov23.) Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I never really gave smoothness of rifle bolt operation too much thought, but in watching precision rifle competitions in recent times and seeing some of the baulks and stutters that people have under pressure, I should be glad of the Tikka’s operation. Smile

And although I’ve never made a study and analysis of the issue, or even looked at many different bolt actions, it’s never been clear to me why they can’t all be like that. Sako also has the reputation of a very smooth bolt mechanism that I first saw praised 40 some years ago. Okay: What’s the difference?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I never really gave smoothness of rifle bolt operation too much thought, but in watching precision rifle competitions in recent times and seeing some of the baulks and stutters that people have under pressure, I should be glad of the Tikka’s operation. Smile

And although I’ve never made a study and analysis of the issue, or even looked at many different bolt actions, it’s never been clear to me why they can’t all be like that. Sako also has the reputation of a very smooth bolt mechanism that I first saw praised 40 some years ago. Okay: What’s the difference?

Well my old Finnbear isn't that smooth, but it isn't bad either. My Cooper was the first I had with a really smooth bolt. The others, eh they are ok. You learn to work the bolt correctly and most are just fine but the Tikka one I can slide either way with my pinky and almost no pressure. A world apart from most others.

If Tikka comes out with a T3x Super Varmint in lefty, that will be my next purchase. Heck if they came out with that in 220 Swift I'd happily pay a premium for that, but 22-250 would do.

Posts: 51 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 13, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sigfreund, did Beretta ever send you your free mag?

I'm still waiting, I put in Aug 18th... I'm thinking at this point BerettaUSA is going to stiff me on it.

Posts: 51 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 13, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jxb:
sigfreund, did Beretta ever send you your free mag?

No, and I never followed up on the date of purchase thing, so if I get it I will be a little surprised.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I don't think BerettaUSA has any intention of making good on that offer. I know they did for some folks, but lots of others they didn't. I thought maybe those folks simply didn't submit correctly, but I actually have the confirmation e-mail from them saying it was submitted and when to expect my code. Opening a support case and still not fulfilled kinda tops off that BerettaUSA isn't interested in fulfilling it.

I might buy more Tikka in the future, but not a dime on anything else under BerettaUSA, they can go pound sand.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Honestly, I don't think BerettaUSA has any intention of making good on that offer.

Business 101: No offer at all would have been infinitely better than one that was mishandled or otherwise left many people dissatisfied.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Honestly, I don't think BerettaUSA has any intention of making good on that offer.

Business 101: No offer at all would have been infinitely better than one that was mishandled or otherwise left many people dissatisfied.

Ok, color me amazed. BerettaUSA finally sent me a code for the free mag and it appears the code actually worked.

If you get yours and try it, be aware their web coding is poor, the portion that asks for your e-mail and then confirmation, the first one capitalizes the first letter and after typing in the second it said they didn't match. Took me a bit to see it as J and j looked similar with their font. The error finally cleared when I went to the next page. Says it was a successful order, free mag and free shipping so I guess we'll see if it ever comes. It was a hassle but for a $90 mag well worth it.

coupon e-mail today: "You MUST redeem your merchandise by December 31, 2022, and use it at checkout"

Tikka website still says: "You MUST redeem your merchandise by JANUARY 3, 2023 and use it at checkout"

Consistently inconsistent. But hey, the TAC A1 consistently shoots sub 1/2 MOA so it's all good.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Consistently inconsistent. But hey, the TAC A1 consistently shoots sub 1/2 MOA so it's all good.

Yes, I got mine as well, and just completed the process after convincing the site that I didn't want to order an extra one at the same time. Smile

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, I got mine as well, and just completed the process after convincing the site that I didn't want to order an extra one at the same time. Smile

Cool, glad to hear you got yours too. Hopefully everyone else that didn't get theirs will get it too. It's a nice offer, so glad they are finally making good on it.

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the excellent thread, sigfreund.
It was enough to push me over the edge. I picked up a Tikka CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor.

I haven't had a chance to sight it in but I did a quick boresight at 100 yards. Not bad for my one and only shot out of this rifle. Needless say I stopped right there until I had more time. Smile

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Keep us posted. Smile

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's a nice offer, so glad they are finally making good on it.

And even nicer when it actually arrives (as mine did today). Smile

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
It's a nice offer, so glad they are finally making good on it.

And even nicer when it actually arrives (as mine did today). Smile

Got mine today! Smile

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Of possible continuing interest.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Not quite on topic, but I think I want a T3x superlight in 7mmPRC.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
If I were a hunter, that would be sooo! tempting. Smile

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post
Yesterday at the range I saw a CTR for the first time in person. That peaked my interest for down the road. Not light, but not heavy/bulky either. It was in stainless, I think I like the look of the black? one above better. At least for hunting.

As for that superlight, please share how it groups when you get it dialed in. I'm curious how they do with those.

Oops, I meant if/when you get one. Unless you're like me where "I think I want" generally translates into a new item to find room for in the safe Big Grin

posted Hide Post
You all might find this interesting. grab it before they figure out they left it open for anyone to grab. lol

MASTER Factory code book Tikka 2023
actual link:
https://www.outdoor-enterprise...nfiguratore-72209700

https://www.google.com/url?sa=...XOCtu0107VdhUcxLBSXE

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
You all might find this interesting. grab it before they figure out they left it open for anyone to grab. lol

MASTER Factory code book Tikka 2023

What does the title of the yellow highlighted column "UVP CHF" mean?

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CHF is Swiss Francs so presume that's the price in CHF?

notice how the originating site is .ch
www.outdoor-enterprise.ch

Their address is:
Outdoor Enterprise SA
Via Pra Proed 2
CH-6534 San Vittore
Grigioni - Switzerland

So yeah those are likely from the international list and not the USA list but there's quite a bit of overlap, mostly in RH models.
https://choose.tikka.fi/global
vs
https://choose.tikka.fi/usa

Being a Lefty I really wish BerettaUSA offered more, there's huge numbers of options on the global list not on their USA offerings and importing those others from Canada while possible gets really costly. Looked into that and the extra cost just makes it not worth it.