SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Long Range Rifle Discussion
Page 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 140
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long Range Rifle Discussion Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Sure, I'm always happy to help out.

I've also started a blog, in case anyone is interested in following along on my journey to becoming a PRS competitor: www.RoadToPRS.com

Give it a read, some of your questions may be answered there. Smile

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:

I've also started a blog, in case anyone is interested in following along on my journey to becoming a PRS competitor: www.RoadToPRS.com

Ha! You went to Carhenge!

BTDT. No t shirt! Razz

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20388 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:

OK, you were right. I got a lot of my questions answered over the past 2 hours reading it front to back.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
2 hours?! Apparently I need to write more.

And I will, soon. Probably tomorrow. It's still not caught up to current yet. I have my first PRS match to cover, as well as reloading, and a bunch of other random stuff that may or may not be completely relevant, but it mostly related. Lol

Thoughts? Feedback?

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
2 hours?! Apparently I need to write more.

And I will, soon. Probably tomorrow. It's still not caught up to current yet. I have my first PRS match to cover, as well as reloading, and a bunch of other random stuff that may or may not be completely relevant, but it mostly related. Lol

Thoughts? Feedback?

I skipped the ones you copied and pasted that I had read here. I will tell you that when I got to the last one (and didnt know it was the last one) I went down to the bottom to hit "next" and only saw "previous" and got sad the story was over Razz

::edit::

Thoughts and feedback. You are an excellent writer. I was interested the entire time, and was late to dinner because I kept reading. My mind is a little blown you have only been shooting like this for a year, that also gives me hope for myself however (except for the amount of money you have invested, although your mistakes will save me money [trigger, gun builder, not overbuying bullshit I dont need just to have with me, etc])

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Anybody here planning to go to LRSE this season? Registration opens tomorrow..

http://www.coreshooting.com/pr...?variant=11862581571

posted Hide Post
quote:
Anybody here planning to go to LRSE this season? Registration opens tomorrow..

http://www.coreshooting.com/pr...?variant=11862581571

Not shooting this match. Got in the New Mexico PRS match, thanks to you for not registering and leaving me a spot!! Also got in the Steel Safari.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Anyone in here going to Battle of Breakneck in northwestern NE in April? It's one of the region 2 qualifiers.

Im registered. Bueller... Bueller...

Picture of Alpine
posted Hide Post
Where in NW Nebraska? Date?

----------------------------------------

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

George Carlin

Posts: 908 | Location: Colorado, and as far away from Denver as I can get. | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Somewhere near Broadwater, 15-17.

Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
Let's go exx!! Need more blog updates!!

├┼┼╕
246R

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:

Working on it... Hard with the holidays. Maybe this weekend. I still have another match or two to write about, then some about practice, then about reloading.. I probably have another 8 or 10 posts to go to get caught up to "current". There should be plenty more to read. Soon....

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
So.. Action and barrels came back a few days ago.

Chassis came back today. Engraving & team stripe looks GREAT. Hoping to get it out back together tomorrow. Have to hit the range this weekend and get it sighted back in before the match next weekend.

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
SWMBO opened all her rifle stuff.

Gen 1 Razor 5-20/5 mil turrets EBR-2B reticle
Huber trigger @ 2.026#
XLR Element chassis
Pink camo Str8 Laced rear bag
Vortex (Seekins) rings
Nightforce base
Vortex Diamondback 10x42 Binos (shockingly good glass for the money!!)
200 pieces of Lapua 6BR brass
Redding bushing FL 6 Dasher die
Forster Ultra Micrometer 6 Dasher seater die
TiNi bushing (.266, I think? I'd have to double check)
8# Varget
1# RL15 for fire forming
K&M .25 cal expander mandrel to form false shoulders

Action & barrel didn't arrive in time, unfortunately, but she knows they are on the way, and it's too cold to spend much time at the range anyway.

Already got her downloading Applied Ballistics.

We spent the morning going over how to work the reticle, what a mil is, why the christmas tree in the reticle, etc. She's a very good shot, but had previously only used the reticle as a "crosshairs", and didn't hold elevation or wind. Also explained the different between first and second focal plane (much of which I think was lost on her - the important part is she knows the reticle is correct at any magnification now, as opposed to her old scope).

She is very excited, and can't wait to start competing this year.

I can't wait to see her start whopping guys asses, likely including mine. LOL

Picture of Alpine
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to all my LR shooting buddies here.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

George Carlin

Posts: 908 | Location: Colorado, and as far away from Denver as I can get. | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alpine:

Ditto -- Merry Christmas to all.

It's ski season in this here Centennial state -- WOO-HOO! If the resort snow reports are anywhere near truthful, Alpine is shoveling his fair share of show.

Posts: 7998 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alpine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:

Ditto -- Merry Christmas to all.

It's ski season in this here Centennial state -- WOO-HOO! If the resort snow reports are anywhere near truthful, Alpine is shoveling his fair share of show.

I shoveled soo much snow on Tuesday, my arms and back are toast. The snow in the bed of my truck was even with top of the cab, and I had to actually shovel the snow away from the front of my Bobcat just to get inside it. I hope we get more, as we need to keep the flat-landers off of the roads.

George Carlin

Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas everyone ! Unseasonably mild here thankfully Big Grin

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...as we need to keep the flat-landers off of the roads.

Oh, man, don't get me started. Wednesday afternoon saw 2-3" of snow fall on the eastern approach to Eisenhower Tunnel. Coming home from skiing, it took me 2.5 hours to drive just from Dillon to the Tunnel. Frickin' front-wheel-drive mini-vans and import tuners with crappy summer tires took traffic to a standstill. If I see another front-wheel-drive car spinning its tires wildly, veering from one lane to the next, while moving forward at crawl, I think I'll just push them off the road into a ditch. And let C-DOT dig them out of the snow bank next spring.

Sheep-dip amateur winter drivers should just stay in Phoenix year round.

Posts: 7998 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:

Working on it... Hard with the holidays. Maybe this weekend. I still have another match or two to write about, then some about practice, then about reloading.. I probably have another 8 or 10 posts to go to get caught up to "current". There should be plenty more to read. Soon....

Congrats on the recent victory! Talk about setting the bar high for 2016! I keep checking for updates, the two recent ones were good but goal cliff hangers.

├┼┼╕
246R