SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    A recent minor forum bug
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
A recent minor forum bug Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Trailing single or double quotes in a composed post are slanted the wrong way. An example:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/3010073225/p/2

I first saw the bug about a month ago. Deleting the trailing quote and restoring it fixes the slant. I always compose posts on my iPhone. Haven’t tried on my MacBook.

Not complaining – just noting my observation.



Serious about crackers.
 
Posts: 11847 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what you man. I see nothing wrong.
 
Posts: 115033 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Maybe because I’m viewing it on my iPhone? I see the double quote after >saviors.< slanted the wrong way.



Serious about crackers.
 
Posts: 11847 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Maybe so
 
Posts: 115033 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I see it. Maybe it's an Apple thing.

If I "Quote" you post, it changes them the the " marks both slant the other direction, in the "preview/editing" screen, but when I post they revert to the way you posted them.

(this is on my Mac Mini)
I am going to look on my PC and see what it does.


quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:...
“It is believed a British off-duty pilot was among the saviours.“



Nope, behaves the same way on the PC.

Did you type the quotes, or copy/paste?




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד
 
Posts: 46626 | Location: Box 1663 Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I typed the post. Composed it on my iPhone.



Serious about crackers.
 
Posts: 11847 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Then it's yer fault. You broke it...




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד
 
Posts: 46626 | Location: Box 1663 Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Monkey's quotes in this topic are vertical, the ones in the link in the op are 'slanted' the same direction.

Mine "appear" as vertical, to me, same as SM's




The Enemy's gate is down.
 
Posts: 18895 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
An experiment. Both composed in Apple Notes on my iPhone, then copied and pasted into this SIGforum post to see if the period had an effect:

“Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country”

“Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.”

ETA – Nope, both have properly slanted quotes. But I’ve previously seen that the effect isn’t consistent. Oh well, as I said, “a minor bug”.

I, too, see Monkey’s quotes as vertical.



Serious about crackers.
 
Posts: 11847 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
^^^^^
I typed the post. Composed it on my iPhone.


Are you into pain, Pipe Smoker? Big Grin


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

 
Posts: 5679 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    A recent minor forum bug

© SIGforum 2026