SIGforum
A recent minor forum bug

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/550601935/m/3920004225

October 03, 2026, 11:22 AM
Pipe Smoker
A recent minor forum bug
Trailing single or double quotes in a composed post are slanted the wrong way. An example:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/3010073225/p/2

I first saw the bug about a month ago. Deleting the trailing quote and restoring it fixes the slant. I always compose posts on my iPhone. Haven’t tried on my MacBook.

Not complaining – just noting my observation.



Serious about crackers.
October 03, 2026, 01:02 PM
parabellum
I'm not sure what you man. I see nothing wrong.
October 03, 2026, 01:16 PM
Pipe Smoker
Maybe because I’m viewing it on my iPhone? I see the double quote after >saviors.< slanted the wrong way.



Serious about crackers.
October 03, 2026, 01:24 PM
parabellum
Maybe so
October 03, 2026, 01:28 PM
sigmonkey
I see it. Maybe it's an Apple thing.

If I "Quote" you post, it changes them the the " marks both slant the other direction, in the "preview/editing" screen, but when I post they revert to the way you posted them.

(this is on my Mac Mini)
I am going to look on my PC and see what it does.


quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:...
“It is believed a British off-duty pilot was among the saviours.“



Nope, behaves the same way on the PC.

Did you type the quotes, or copy/paste?




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד
October 03, 2026, 01:43 PM
Pipe Smoker
^^^^^
I typed the post. Composed it on my iPhone.



Serious about crackers.
October 03, 2026, 01:45 PM
sigmonkey
Then it's yer fault. You broke it...




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד
October 03, 2026, 01:56 PM
P250UA5
Monkey's quotes in this topic are vertical, the ones in the link in the op are 'slanted' the same direction.

Mine "appear" as vertical, to me, same as SM's




The Enemy's gate is down.
October 03, 2026, 02:39 PM
Pipe Smoker
An experiment. Both composed in Apple Notes on my iPhone, then copied and pasted into this SIGforum post to see if the period had an effect:

“Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country”

“Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.”

ETA – Nope, both have properly slanted quotes. But I’ve previously seen that the effect isn’t consistent. Oh well, as I said, “a minor bug”.

I, too, see Monkey’s quotes as vertical.



Serious about crackers.
October 04, 2026, 10:05 AM
Jupiter
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
^^^^^
I typed the post. Composed it on my iPhone.


Are you into pain, Pipe Smoker? Big Grin


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell