Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P232 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What are the grip panels on the SL ?

Posts: 916 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
factory Nill-Griffe with logo

Posts: 3062 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PGT

You said both of your pictured guns were .32 cal. I thought all 230 Sigs in .32 were made with a safety and lanyard loop.

Are these standard configuration but in .32 cal.?

Posts: 414 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that's a statement for the US market. Lots of variations were made for other markets included 9mm Ultra.

The top gun is a Japanese contract gun that I removed the lanyard loop from and also swapped to a normal spec hammer assembly, removing the pointless safety (you'll notice if you look closely there's a notch in the slide for where the safety would engage). The Japanese gun has a safety that only works with hammer down, so, no "cocked and locked". That's a factory marked 7,65B.

The bottom gun is a normal US-market P230SL that I had Josh at AAGW swap the barrel on to a P232 stainless 7,65B barrel I got from Numrich. The extractor is smaller on the 232's so he had to mill the slot in the barrel to fit the larger P230SL extractor.

posted Hide Post
After reading this thread, I just broke out one of my 4 230/232’s to carry (put away my plastic gun for a while). It is a 232 with 230 grips on it (I really do not care for the 232 stock grips).

Took it to the range and got one ragged hole at 15 yards

Great thread.

Trooper Joe

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Trooper Joe,

Posts: 414 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
the Nill-Griffe logo grips I have on mine are the same as what came on the GOTM P232 with gold trim

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trooper Joe:
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Keep in mind that's a statement for the US market. Lots of variations were made for other markets included 9mm Ultra.

The top gun is a Japanese contract gun that I removed the lanyard loop from and also swapped to a normal spec hammer assembly, removing the pointless safety (you'll notice if you look closely there's a notch in the slide for where the safety would engage). The Japanese gun has a safety that only works with hammer down, so, no "cocked and locked". That's a factory marked 7,65B.

The bottom gun is a normal US-market P230SL that I had Josh at AAGW swap the barrel on to a P232 stainless 7,65B barrel I got from Numrich. The extractor is smaller on the 232's so he had to mill the slot in the barrel to fit the larger P230SL extractor.

I saw that notch just after I posted my question.

I really like my .32 cal 230. It is dead on accurate. It is interesting that you had a .380 converted to a .32.

By the way, I found that all my .380 mags work in my .32.

Trooper Joe

Like they say, life is too short to carry an ugly gun.

Here is another one of my favorite .32 cal guns. A German made (1965). Had a war time .32 PPK that I carried off duty in the 60’s, sold it, and several years ago found one I could afford. It was pretty rough so I had it refinished and treated it to some new grips.

posted Hide Post
Does anyone have any magazines they would like to part with. I already have an add in the classified section. I’ve a pistol for years along with plenty of .380. I just need magazines.

Posts: 1543 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much to those who helped me out!

Posts: 1543 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PGT mentioned Josh at AAGW did some work for him on one of his SIGs. Josh does great work in case anyone is in need good gunsmithing, as I too had him work over a Beretta 92FS.

I've also got a P232SL. What a beautiful gun that unfortunately is no longer made! My now sports glossy black Hogue aluminum grips. Nice contrast to the stainless steel pistol.

Posts: 2006 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry one every single day. It just fits in my hand like I was born with it. Until they make a 9mm pistol that is as slim as it is I will keep carrying it. The fact that it has never jammed in hundreds of rounds gives me confidence in it.
I personally thing too many people poo-poo the .380 round's effectiveness.

Tango Alpha Leather Goods

Posts: 97 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Triggernosis,

the best you are going to do in 9mm is the Sig P239... that is what I transitioned to.

edit:

Here are the two side by side:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A P365 protects me better than my PPK/S, P232 or P238 could ever do. Its capacity and muzzle energy is superior. In a gunfight, sexy doesn't matter.

Posts: 265 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:

I'll be in my bunk. Eek

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Samps:
A P365 protects me better than my PPK/S, P232 or P238 could ever do. Its capacity and muzzle energy is superior. In a gunfight, sexy doesn't matter.

I guess that's why so many folks like Glocks....

"now I'm in trouble"

I don't disagree with your point but it sure is nice to look at something pretty every day and besides that, the P230 and P232 (and for me the P239) just feels good in my hand.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of you who do carry it, what do you feed it?

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I think it was about 10 years ago there was another ammo shortage. I contacted Georgia Arms a week before our local gun show and ordered 500 rounds of 380 ammo. Got to the gun show and went to their both and asked them for my ammo that they had hidden under the table... when they pulled it out I thought their was going to be problem since at least two guys standing near me had just asked if they had any .380 ammo. I ended up calming everyone down by selling them some of mine.

So, I have Georgia Arms in mine... their gold dot stuff.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triggernosis:

I’m one of those guys. While I don’t wanna get shot by one, its “effectiveness” in stopping a fight is not very good.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8753 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
quote:
Originally posted by Triggernosis:

I’m one of those guys. While I don’t wanna get shot by one, its “effectiveness” in stopping a fight is not very good.

This data doesn't support your premise.
https://www.buckeyefirearms.or...ndgun-stopping-power

Tango Alpha Leather Goods

Posts: 97 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well there ya go! Glad it works for you, seriously.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8753 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post