SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Revolver bug bit again…update with more questions - Colt King Cobra 3”
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Revolver bug bit again…update with more questions - Colt King Cobra 3” Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the opinions. I am thinking maybe get back into a colt, and then see how the new Kimber light weight feels once they hit the shelves. There are a couple videos out now on them.
I know the colt is not a pocket gun but the Kimber lightweight is so they can each fill a role.

Posts: 540 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Pale Horse, that gray TLR is sexy!

I think this may be one of those situations where "Get Both!" is maybe the right answer, lol.

Posts: 8671 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Pale Horse, that gray TLR is sexy!

I think this may be one of those situations where "Get Both!" is maybe the right answer, lol.

Absolutely! The Colt is a great gun too.

I kind of regret selling my Colt despite liking the Kimber slightly better. But I sold it to a friend whose daughter carries it so it went to a good home.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
I kind of regret selling my Colt despite liking the Kimber slightly better. But I sold it to a friend whose daughter carries it so it went to a good home.

I know the feeling, lol. I had to sell my 3" SP101 when I bought my 3" Model 60. The 60 is incrementally better, but I do miss that 101. Thankfully I sold it to my brother, so like your Colt it found a good home. We're actually headed out there to visit this weekend...I may actually get to shoot it while we're there Smile.

Posts: 8671 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My very first handgun (purchased back in '76) was a 6-ish" SA stainless Ruger Blackhawk, and I literally could drive nails with it at 7 paces. Limited functionality, but a real pleasure to shoot out on the range. Then in '87, I bought my first semi-auto (a Beretta 92F), that I couldn't seem to hit a barn door with.

Over the 30-years since, I've owned the Interarms/Walther ppk/s in both .32 and .380 ACP, the Ruger GP-100 and SP-101, the SIG P238, P320, and most recently, the P226 Legion. The latter (P226 Legion), has proven to be the single most accurate, reliable, and best-functioning DA/SA semi-auto I've ever fired.

However, in 2019, my interest in revolvers returned, so I purchased my first 3" mirror-polished King Cobra. I had to give a King's ransom for it, but it's an absolutely gorgeous pistol, is accurate, well balanced, and a pleasure to shoot. So much so, that a year later, I bought a second (lower-priced) one, and polished it to a mirror finish myself. It took some time and patience, but the home polishing job turned-out great. So in 2020, I turned around and bought one of the newly reissued (4.25") stainless Pythons, and did the very same to it (polished it). In my view, it surpasses the King Cobra in terms of both accuracy and pleasure to shoot, because with it's heavier frame, it has significantly less recoil. The King Cobra is obviously the better choice for concealed carry purposes, but both are exceptional revolvers.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin.

Posts: 30 | Location: USA | Registered: January 24, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Buds has blem King Cobras in stock for <$750 right now. People in the reviews are saying they can’t find any blemish but even if there was one, if you are looking for a carry gun this is a great price.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/pr...stainless+steel+blem

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post