SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Favorite Mid-Size Go-To pistol
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Mid-Size Go-To pistol Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
For those who carry a midsize pistol...what's your go-to carry gun...share your insights...

This isn't the gun that's your safe queen that we pull out to show..its the go-to gun we pick up, maybe daily, when we need a firearm we trust and carry.

There have been a huge increase in the number of mid-size guns as far as options.

Question:
What's your favorite, go-to mid size carry gun.

Choices:
Glock 19 (any gen) (Or G23 in .40)
S&W M&P 2.0 Compact
HK USP Compact
Sig P320 compact
HK P2000
Colt Commander (or similar 1911)
Beretta 92 Compact (FS, X, etc...)
Beretta APX
Sig P-228/P-229
Other Compact/Midsize...
I don't carry a midsize...

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Beretta PX4 Compact.

It used to be my WC 92 CenTac was my winter gun, and the PX4C the summer gun. Lately I've noticed I grab the Beretta almost all the time.
Absent carrying a Shield or Glock 26 as dictated by attire, the Beretta seems to now be my year-round go-to.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
P320C in 357Sig for me, but it's the only midsize I have.
My KT P11 fills the subcompact role, but hasn't been carried in a long time, since we've been in casual mode at work since the brief lockdown work-from-home period ended.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15312 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
my ancient gen3 Glock 32 has served me well for over 15 years.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ 75 P01. Best of breed. Not on list. Or PCR which is same gun without rail.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
P365X

Does everything my P320 Compact or G19 or M&P 2.0 Compact do, in an even more compact package.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I voted Beretta 92 Compact, but that one is still getting evaluated and more frequently it's a Sig P245 which wasn't on the list. I also carry a P320 Carry pretty regularly, but that's recently been replaced with a full-size.

Posts: 8565 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A mid-size gun can be debatable depending on the person. I consider the Glock 43X a type of mid-size gun in that it has a Glock 19 size length grip and can have a decent capacity but is a little thinner. My 43X is utilized for many things but the only thing I find it lacking/ missing is a rail for a light. With that said, the Glock 19 is a great choice in my opinion.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the last few years it has been either my Beretta 92C or my Sig P239 (9mm).

When I was in Richmond, VA a few weeks ago to get my military ID renewed, I stopped at a local gun store to kill time.

I revisited a CZ 75 D PCR Compact, and could not believe how great it felt in my hands. It felt great but the sticker price almost gave me a coronary. I knew CZ has went up in price but WOW...

I looked at the Springfield Armory XDE, but I read it is discontinued.

Snake207:
That is a nice looking PX4.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
It’s my favorite class of pistol and I voted HK P2000. I am spending more time with my Glocks as of late so the G19 has always been a gimme so to speak. I also really like the CZ P01/PCR (I prefer a decocker).

Honestly there are so very few BAD choices in this class.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a LEM P2000. Man do I love that gun even though I’m not even a LEM fan. I need to pick up a spare. On the other hand I have never warmed up to the USPc. I bought a couple thinking I would, yet no.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
.45 ACP

9mm

I currently carry the latter more often than any other.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a LEM P2000. Man do I love that gun even though I’m not even a LEM fan.

I owned an LEM P2000 in the past and liked it enough in dry fire but HATED IT during actual use. As much as I totally see the benefits of LEM it’s not for me. I am DA/SA guy through and through who prefers a striker to the LEM/DAK etc. middle ground.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ For up close and personal, hard to beat the Colt Defender (or it's cousin, the New Agent) shown above. If walking around Pike Place and/or the environs of down-town Seattle, it's a solid choice. I'd put my G43X and my Staccato C2 in that same rotation as well.

Posts: 1449 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depending on the season:

M11-A1 (P229), sometimes with .357 Sig XChange Kit
P320 XCompact, sometimes with RXP slide and sometimes with iron sights.

I carry IWB in Blackpoint Tactical Mini-Wings holsters.

Conserve Liberty, and the right of self-determination.

Posts: 57 | Location: The Flyover Part | Registered: September 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
A Sig 228. I've carried it and shot it for so long. It's dead reliable and in a moment of stress I want to be able to reach for a gun where the manual of arms is second nature.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Current carry is Sig P320 Compact .45 with MS. If I want high capacity, I go with my CZ P-07.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Staccato C2.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was 1911 commanders and then a g19 for me for the longest time but I gave that to my brother.
So I’ve been carrying a 229 legion, but I have a pair of px4 compact carry coming and they may change that.
We’ll see.

Posts: 13 | Location: Fort Myers, Fl | Registered: May 11, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
My usual choice is my DW Guardian in 38 Super. (been carrying it for years). Problem is with my old eyes, the front sight keeps getting more blurred every year.
These days it's my M&P 9mm 2.0 compact. I have no eye issues with the dot. In many respects it's a vast improvement.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post