SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Favorite Mid-Size Go-To pistol
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Mid-Size Go-To pistol Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I marked G19. A gen 4 goes everywhere with me but in car. When carrying on my person, it's usually a Shield + or a Colt Pony.

Posts: 238 | Location: SW OH | Registered: September 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying a FN 509 Midsize lately. Shot my new Walther PDP today side by side with the 509M and I shot lights out with it.

I really like the grips of both of these much better than my G19 Gen5.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I voted Glock 19. But I’m rapidly falling in love with my 92x compact.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Glock 19. Every day.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson 45acp CCO

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
229 .357sig forever. But the P2000 when I'm getting dirty working around the house and weight matters.

Happiness is a warm gun.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted "other" as the list doesn't have my favorite, LTT PX4 Compact Carry.

Posts: 351 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be my P229 in either 357 or 40. Runner up which is not listed is my P239.

Posts: 158 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: December 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I voted P320 compact but in reality it's a P320 X-Carry or my Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Centurion Tactical. Those are my go to midsize guns.

My go to fullsize gun is a P320 X-Five

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Guess I'm a 1%er with my Commander sized 1911.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
I have a LEM P2000. Man do I love that gun even though I’m not even a LEM fan.

I owned an LEM P2000 in the past and liked it enough in dry fire but HATED IT during actual use. As much as I totally see the benefits of LEM it’s not for me. I am DA/SA guy through and through who prefers a striker to the LEM/DAK etc. middle ground.

My experience exactly! Great platform, but just didn’t jive for me on the range.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2226 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My most carried midsize is a CZ 75 compact. But I also like my Ruger 1911 4.25" Nightwatchman.

Posts: 59 | Registered: July 11, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 pretty much 98% of the time.
If I carry something smaller, it's a Ruger LCP in my front pocket for times I can't carry in the waistband like if I have to tuck in my shirt wearing work uniform, or in formal wear, or if I'm rolling around on the floor working on the car etc.

The county I live in, limits what we can carry to 5 guns, so I don't have the option to just grab whatever flavor I feel like for the day.

I have two Glock 19s, Glock 26, and the Ruger LCP listed on my license to choose from. Years ago, I started off carrying the G26, but over time, and experimenting with different holsters, I can conceal the G19 just as well and as comfortable as the 26, so I stuck with the 19 for the last 3-4 years.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
My most frequently carried sidearm is a P365. Perfect for pocket carry. Since losing weight though IWB is more comfortable than it used to be and I don’t print as bad as I did when I had more gut and less waist. Wink

Perfect combination of size, capacity, caliber. Now that I am carrying IWB/OWB more, I recently picked up Romeo equipped P365X and P365XL. Will be moving to them once I get them broke in and some range time.

If I need to “Gun up”, I’ll grab my P320 X-Carry or Romeo equipped P320 X-Compact.

Been a fan of lasers for a long time, making the switch to RDS.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Sig P239 in 357 sig with Crimson Trace laser grips.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure how to vote. I’ve been moving to the P320 but am using the AXG so I don’t really classify that as a true mid-size. I carried a P2000 longer than any other single gun in the 29 years I’ve had my CCW permits. I have a love/hate relationship with the Glock 19, but have ordered a Shadow Systems MR920 in hopes it addresses my shortcomings with the G19. I guess I have to vote G19.

Posts: 2956 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 19.
I can't conceal it in warmer weather so it's more of my Fall/Winter carry when I can wear a hoodie.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still a big fan of Simple Is Good. My two favorite CCW pistols are my HK40C LEM and Sig P229 (non-railed). I've been shooting each of them regularly for over 18 years, so I'm confident of making good fast instinctive hits with them, and they're both comfortable and relatively easy to conceal in an IWB holster.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I own or have owned several of the guns on your list, but my absolute favorite is (actually was, since I no longer have it) the CZ75 D Compact, aka the PCR.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
I've been carrying a FN 509 Midsize lately. Shot my new Walther PDP today side by side with the 509M and I shot lights out with it.

I really like the grips of both of these much better than my G19 Gen5.

509 and PDP here for me as well. The 509 carries considerably easier however. I shot them about the same.

Posts: 7 | Registered: October 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post