SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Favorite Mid-Size Go-To pistol
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Mid-Size Go-To pistol Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I carry my P229 in 9mm more often than my Gen 5 G19. The Glock gets carried mainly when I’m working. DA/SA trigger just works better for me.

Posts: 1361 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Either my Walther P99 or Glock G19

Posts: 266 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ P-10C at the moment...

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 969 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Anyone get a Hellcat Pro yet? It's the smallest, thinnest gun I would consider mid-sized (aka standard compact.)

An argument could be made that the P365XL could fit into that category also, but an argument can also be made against that.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Wow I am shocked. There is enough of us P2000 folk to rustle up a bowling team. Smile. Hell if we bring in the USPc guys we got ourselves a damn good start of a softball team. 8D

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7673 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
P2000SK, LEM trigger. I have one in 40 & 9mm.

They may be smaller than midsize, though seem a little mid to me.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig 239. I own many guns and sometimes carry different ones, but for off duty carry I always go back to the 239.

Posts: 5741 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
Typically a Glock especially during warmer weather, it's impervious to sweat (except for the rear sight Big Grin).

Though swabbing the sight area with EEZOX tends to help... Eek

Anybody have their Sig slides re-done in a tennifer finish?

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 222 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
S&W 6906.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seriously, where have all the P2000 peoples been hiding??? LOL!!! Given HK's already smaller market share and then the relative old age the P2000 sits in their lineup, I am kinda surprised there are that many responses here.

quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Wow I am shocked. There is enough of us P2000 folk to rustle up a bowling team. Smile. Hell if we bring in the USPc guys we got ourselves a damn good start of a softball team. 8D

Posts: 691 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
Springfield XD9SC. It's my normal cool and cold weather carry. Extended mag for reload.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4786 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
P2000SK, LEM trigger. I have one in 40 & 9mm.

They may be smaller than midsize, though seem a little mid to me.

Totally agree.... In 357Sig the P2000SK is Ideal

Posts: 344 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
For about the last 9 months, it’s been my 9mm USPc.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t carry mid sized very often. I do have a G19 and a 229. Of those I carry the G19 more often due to comfort, though I shoot the 229 better.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
FN 509 Mid size

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rexles:
FN 509 Mid size

Crazy easy how good these things conceal for their size.

Posts: 7 | Registered: October 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
For me it would be the HK USP Compact as I am a huge HK fan.
Second, and close would be a Sig P229 (various calibers).

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I initially voted for G19 or G43x. But a few weeks ago I bought a Ruger commander sized 1911.
And that’s what I’ve been carrying since.

When I first joined the USCG we were issued 1911s. Then we got the Beretta bricks…then the DAK P229, after I got out I became a cop and got a P226. And over my lifetime I’ve bought over 50 handguns to find the right one for CCW/off duty. Due to my department’s policy I couldn’t carry a single action pistol. Since retiring I’ve been carrying the G19 then the G43x…but after getting the 4 1/4” 1911.. it’s like I was back with an old friend.

Speer 230 grain Gold dots.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11268 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
So just qualified with my plain jane G19.3. One tight group in the center of the target...still the best shooting guns I own...

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
I picked P228 on the list and it was my first and still holds a special place at the top of a safe with the other SIGs.

I would have chosen Glock 32 but you somehow left out the Glock 32 from the Glock 19/23 option.

Glock 32 back in 2003 to me was the perfect size and also perfect caliber(s) ; 357 and .40 change it up w/Glock OEM barrels and nowadays w/ 9mm conversion barrel).

It was my go-to mid-size pistol from 2003 - 2017, and really even today the way Glock backs up their products and still makes Gen 3's etc I'd happily use my G32 again.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post