SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Favorite Mid-Size Go-To pistol
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Mid-Size Go-To pistol Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Used to be G19 or G45, but, moved to a pocket gun, G43X would be as close to Mid Size now, mostly carry the new Ruger 380 Max, light, plenty of rounds, easy to carry extra mags.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
A mid-size gun can be debatable depending on the person.

For me a P320 Compact is a small, or at least a smaller gun, whereas the Carry is mid-size for me (and what I carry). There are such small differences in the dimensions of the Carry and Compact that they don’t matter, plus the Carry is available in 357 SIG—my preferred cartridge for the purpose.
The P320 full size is, well …, what I consider to be large size.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the years: 1911 .45 Cmdr, P229//P239 .40 and G19 9mm.

My smaller guns, such as Seecamp .32 and M60 2" are used as BUG's. Have carried for over 50 years and just don't like smaller guns as primary. If the SHTF, I don't want to worry about whether I have enough gun. That way, I only have to worry about whether I have enough ME.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My midsize gun for me used to be my Sig RCS or Wiley Clapp LW commander, now that I’m getting old my “midsize leans more towards a 365x or XL or a S&W 640 lol

Posts: 455 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted g19. I have several gen 2’s that will be my carry pistol along with the g26 until I die or don’t carry.

Posts: 426 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I've carried a P225/P6 for 13 years now and just don't like anything else better than that. I do want to add a P228 to the stable to bridge the gap between my 225 and 226.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
Beretta PX4 Compact.

It used to be my WC 92 CenTac was my winter gun, and the PX4C the summer gun. Lately I've noticed I grab the Beretta almost all the time.
Absent carrying a Shield or Glock 26 as dictated by attire, the Beretta seems to now be my year-round go-to.

I second this. Love the PX4c. Still swap in a G27.4 sometimes, and have a Shield plus for those few times the Beretta is too chunky to hide well. Aside from that, probably 75% of the time I grab the Beretta.

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My carry guns in order of frequency of carry;

SiG P228 (WGERMANY)
HK VP9
SiG P320 Compact
G19 (Gen3)

Posts: 81 | Location: Southern California  | Registered: April 29, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akcopnfbks:
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
Beretta PX4 Compact.

It used to be my WC 92 CenTac was my winter gun, and the PX4C the summer gun. Lately I've noticed I grab the Beretta almost all the time.
Absent carrying a Shield or Glock 26 as dictated by attire, the Beretta seems to now be my year-round go-to.

I second this. Love the PX4c. Still swap in a G27.4 sometimes, and have a Shield plus for those few times the Beretta is too chunky to hide well. Aside from that, probably 75% of the time I grab the Beretta.

Love the PX4 Storms. Very underrated or unknown to a lot of the shooting community.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Mid size? Glock 19. No competition. I've got a bunch of guns in that basic size factor, but if I had to pick one and stick with it it's the Glock 19.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like my P2000 4.1 LEM trigger. I’ve had it for years now and it never fails to satisfy.

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G19.5 fauxland special. I have plenty of other guns and smaller stuff but I'll be damned if this thing isn't always what I leave the house with. I keep trying to go with something smaller but this seems to be my comfort zone.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 or 23.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is a SW99 in .40. So I guess I'm the odd man in this little poll.

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
My Gen 2 Glock 19, that I bough new in the early 90s, still fills that role perfectly for me. But for hammer fired pistol my HK P30SK is terrific too.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1556 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I voted G19 but a close second is the CZ P-01. Same basic package etc. but it a little heavier on the hip and has more pokey bits.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Voted Glock but it’s actually a Glock based pistol: Shadow Systems MR920.

My second favorite is my Beretta PX4 Compact Langdon/Robar.

I must say that the advent of the Sig P365XL and Glock 43X is drawing in a lot of folks that would gravitate towards the 19 and PX4C.

Posts: 28 | Location: FL | Registered: February 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
P-239, it used to be little but now it’s probably midsized. Favorite, hell it’s my only carry pistol. Everything else is too fat.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5150 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I chose “Other” in the poll, for mid-frame revolver. The arthritis in my right thumb/hand/wrist requires me to use weapons with grip frames that extend all the way to firmly brace against the “heel bone” of my hand. A Glock G19’s grip does not extend far enough, and, indeed, I traded-away my three G19 pistols, in 2020, after not using them since they had become painful to shoot, in 2017. The grip of an SP101 does extend just far enough. A short-barreled K-Frame also works well.

I do still use some autos, but with full-length grip frames, if 9mm or larger in bore, and if I am going to shoot them right-handed. A 1911 Commander was one of the choices, which does have a sufficiently-long grip frame, but I had a run of bad luck with several Commanders, and now only use 5” 1911 pistols.

I do have some compact 9mm autos, but I only shoot them with my healthier left hand, and, of course, “compact” is not “mid-sized.”

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post