SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Your longest serving Handgun
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your longest serving Handgun Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
My oldest gun ( but I’ve only owned it since the late 2010’s).

A 1985 Beretta 92F compact.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oldest is my 1988 P226. Second runner up is my 2001 P220.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16062 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Still have my 4566 from 1997 my 1st handgun I ever bought. I will always keep it.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Served me or anyone? I have a Webley made in 1917.

If just me, I have a Ruger SingleSix my dad bought me when I was 11. That's coming up on 43 years ago.

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A DPS marked S&W model 28-2 4 inch that I purchased with grass cutting money in the summer of ‘84 (yeah I was 16, Dad signed for it but I paid for it.)
Has Lord knows how many 125gr. .357 Magnums through it, still tight as a tick and shoots like a laser.
Most carried?
S&W model 64-2, 2inch .38.

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My oldest is a 1918 mfg USGI Colt 1911 that I bought from a good friend shortly after my 21st birthday in 1991. I was going to customize it but couldn’t bring myself to do so. Well, it did receive a trigger job and maybe the slide was fitted to the frame.
My second oldest/most used is a gen 2 Glock 21 purchased in 1992. I carried that pistol as a reserve deputy sheriff and used it for home defense. That beauty has 18,000+ rds through it and is a smooth and soft shooter! I’ve only replaced the extractor and recoil spring on it through the years.
The honorable mention is a gen 2 Glock 19 purchased in 1992 when I was seduced by 9mm. I saw it as a great ccw option and was something my mom could shoot and carry when needed as well. Interestingly enough, my daughters want to shoot this pistol as they learn to shoot.

Posts: 130 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a S&W M-14 while home on leave in 1978. Still have it. Still a great shooter.

Posts: 672 | Location: Merced, California | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got an H&R .22 DA revolver for my 13th birthday, I'm 55 now and still have it. A mountain of tin cans and were shot full of holes with that pistol and my two sons got their first pistol shooting lessons with it.
The S/A trigger is decent but the D/A pull needs a truck to pull it.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3522 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is a Smith&Wesson Model 10. I don't know how many rounds have gone through that revolver over the years but it still shoots great.

The sights aren't great by modern standards but it points so well it's easy to hit with.

The action is slicker than frozen snot.

It's just such a good revolver that I could never sell it.

It's easy to see why these were so popular with law enforcement and militaries for so many years.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Sig p220 purchased in the late 80's. Still going.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Probably my 1990 P226.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2750 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My oldest handgun is a P6 that has a 1/84 date stamp on it. I got it well after that. I also have a 6” GP100 bought new for $300 + tax in 1990.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Mine oldest is a S&W Model 32-1 from 1971 or 72 IIRC. I've only owned it for a little over a year and haven't carried it much, but it was pretty rough when I got it and had some rack numbers electro-penciled onto it, so it clearly served somewhere.

The next oldest is a P6 dated 3/79. It was the second handgun I purchased. My first and the one I've owned the longest is a 92FS that was made in 1993. Both of those saw some significant carry time by me for a few years, but although they get to the range now and then it's been a few years since either have seen the inside of a holster.

My first duty gun, a P229 in .40 from ~1995, was used when my department bought it, was issued to several guys before me, and finally ended it's career with me in 2017, so it's seen quite a lot of service. I still have that one, but it doesn't see much holster time these days either. We definitely got our money out of those P229s...I'm on my 3rd P320 since we retired the P229s 6 years ago (all due to upgrades, not reliability issues with the guns)!

Posts: 8528 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
The handgun which has been in our family the longest is a 3-screw Ruger Single Six, made in 1967.

It was my uncles, then my fathers, then mine. Still have the original box and 22Mag cyl.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
From the 1980's bought this one brand new; it has surpassed 40K, taught many people how to shoot with it over the years... Cool

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 222 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm 71+ now, and in candor, I've tended to prefer revolvers most all of my life. I started owning and evaluating semi-autos for the first time in the mid to late 70s, after service in the Army and use therein with the 1911.45 ACP. That included the purchase of a Beretta 92F in 1987, but depending on ammo type (and choice), it jammed left and right, and worse, I couldn't seem to hit a barn with it! Sold it at a loss in a matter of days!

Since then, I've purchased a Colt Delta Gold Cup (10mm), several Interarms/Walther ppk/s (.32 & .380), several Taurus PT38S (38 Supers), a SIG P320 M17, and just recently, a P226 Legion. Again, depending on ammo choice, all of those have demonstrated minor hiccups with FTE's and FTF's at one time or another, and without mincing words, the SIG Sauer P320 was a complete and worthless lemon.

Although wildly over-priced in my view, the SIG P226 Legion has worked well for me so far, but the wife and I continue to own and roughly use 8-9 revolvers (3x Colt, 4x Ruger and 2x Taurus), which, without exception, have never once had a single misstep or malfunction in 50+ years of shooting. And so, my direct answer to the question of which handguns is/are my longest, best serving, most accurate one(s) is...

Revolvers: Original ownership

1976 Ruger Bicentennial Single Action Stainless .357 Blackhawk, barrel stamped with "Forged In The 200th Year of American Liberty".

1980 SA/DA Colt Mirror-Polished .357 Python.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin.

Posts: 30 | Location: USA | Registered: January 24, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colt Woodsman Sport model circa 1970. Got it new for $80 from a hardware store that was liquidating its firearms inventory.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G19 gen3 I believe I purchased it late 2013.

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
After I arrived at my first permanent duty station in the Air Force and married my beautiful wife, my father gave me his two-tone Colt Frontier Scout .22LR. It was my first “real” firearm. It will probably go to my eldest grandson eventually.

My next longest-serving is my Ruger P-89DC which I bought in “90 or’91, trading in a P-85.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
229 in 9mm.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post