SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    ACT-MAG Magazines Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ACT-MAG Magazines Question Login/Join 
posted
I have no experience with these. How good are these?

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I use them with my 92s. No issues.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
100%.

No issues.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I shoot with them every week and have for over 10 years.

They're good to go.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Have some of the chrome looking P220 mags from way back that I have never had an issue with.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Had some 8 rounders for my P220 years ago, never had a problem with them. I think I’ve seen one knowing about them ever, and it was here. I do not remember what the issue was, but I remember my impression was “I wouldn’t let that stop me from buying more.”

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The issue had to do with cracked feed lips IIRC. Not sure if it was a batch or early design or what. I have never experienced it but I haven’t run the mags hard or a ton.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Not sure if it was a batch or early design or what.

Their excuse to me was that the P220's it happened with were made/machined wrong, so the mags hit the slide.(I guess all three of my 220s of different vintage were made wrong. Roll Eyes That still doesn't explain the 1911's)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cas,

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
You don't specify the intended application, but here's a couple of threads re: ACT-MAG Magazines for the P220 and the P320.

P220 --> https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/4300000664

P320 --> https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/1320081384

Ultimately, they're half the cost of the oem SIG Mags, VERY high quality, and Super reliable! The consensus seems to be that they're GTG... Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8867 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I was impressed with the ones I used with a P220.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
IIRC, wasn’t it the Novak ACT mags that were having a problem? Seems I remember something like that.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have several in .45 for my P220. They've been 100% reliable over several years of use. I do remember a number of conversations regarding cracking and at the time that did cause me to hold off on adding more after my first two. Parked my factory SIG P220 mags and just kept running those two exclusively to see if they would break. After countless rounds nothing bad happened; proceeded to go back to Greg Cote and buy a bunch more after that. Seems very GTG to me.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post