SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Are people making the switch from the 365 to the 365 MS?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are people making the switch from the 365 to the 365 MS? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I like safeties, but I looked at a 365MS yesterday and the safety is very stiff. I don't have big hands but with the small size of the pistol I found it difficult to operate.

Posts: 270 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Originally posted by GeoJelly:
If I lived in a location that what that dangerous (that is, I had to be able to deploy and fire within 500-ms) I would initiate the change of zip code process.

Logic failure. Crime happens everywhere. The hood, the slums, the suburbs, and even where the rich millionaires live.

Nope, sorry - your comment suggests that crime is evenly spread out, throughout the US. Not true - bubba wrong! There are always exceptions to crime stats - eg, a home invasion in a rich neighborhood. That said, there are safe neighborhoods and unsafe neighborhoods, and degrees in-between. I have the good fortune to live in a safe neighborhood, so I am not armed to the teeth 24/7. Maybe things are different in Florida.

Back on-topic - again, the 365MS gives a person the option to use the safety. I'm going to use the safety. The MS is/was the same price as the non-safety version. To me, it's a no-brainer - but that's just me.

Posts: 431 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jerseyshoreshot:
I like safeties, but I looked at a 365MS yesterday and the safety is very stiff. I don't have big hands but with the small size of the pistol I found it difficult to operate.

I thought that mine was a bit stiff and the trigger felt gritty initially. So I thoroughly cleaned and oil it. Now after 400 rounds and 200 swipes of the safety, it has either loosened up or I'm used to it. Either way, I like the tension on the safety and the trigger is no longer gritty. Actually, I really like every thing about this pistol!!

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since October of last year, I have owned, shot, carried, and thoroughly enjoyed the p365. Since the MS was announced, I have and still am seriously considering it’s purchase. Because I don’t carry with a round in the chamber and I know that I should.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I am keeping the original I bought.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I won't carry a pistol with a manual safety. After shooting a couple of simunitions courses, the many years of shooting Glocks/striker fired pistols showed me just how much training it would take to incorporate a manual safety.

I'm no gun guru and I have limited time to train so the striker fired, no manual safety carry pistol in a proper holster wins the day.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if these will be popular with owners of the MS version of the Shield, who like the MS, but want more capacity (in a smaller package.) Is see them as being more likely to switch than non-MS P365 owners.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won't argue against options.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nobody gives a rat’s ass if you don’t want a manual safety or if you do. It’s your choice and nobody else’s business.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with a safety on a 1911 but that's it. I do not really like a safety on any EDC. I do not want to start an argument but having shot in competition I have seen better shooters than me (USPSA Master) draw, then swear, because they forgot the safety. Now if that can happen under the stress of competition what about self defense?

That's why although I shoot a 1911 slightly better than other guns I prefer to carry my Sig or H&K without safeties.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t own a P365 yet but I’m not a manual safety guy unless it’s a 1911. I do think the safety model trigger broke a little cleaner but I wouldn’t be carrying as a target pistol.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Massad Ayoob on manual safeties on law enforcement pistols
https://www.tactical-life.com/...-safeties-on-or-off/

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t generally see a need for a MS on a striker fired gun. That said, as a 1911 guy, I prefer having the MS anyway for the simple fact that riding the safety keeps my strong side thumb off the slide lock. This reduces the chance of having a slide not lock back on an empty magazine.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
Massad Ayoob on manual safeties on law enforcement pistols
https://www.tactical-life.com/...-safeties-on-or-off/

A good article with valid points.

Training.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P365 non-safety and just bought a safety version last week.

Why? I tend to favor hammer fired SAO (1911, Sig) or DA/SA (HK, CZ) pistols with 1911-ish frame mounted safeties that can be carried cocked & locked. I have other striker, DA/SA decock only, DA/SA slide mounted safety pistols, DAO J-frames, and DAO mouse guns (Seecamp).

So the P365 with safety fits in with my preferred SA/safety manual of arms. Also goes well with only other plastic Sig - M17 Bravo (black nitron) which will be the "house gun".

Sig got the safety right on the P365. It's easy to swipe down with high thumbs firing grip, whereas S&W didn't on the Shield and Bodyguard (right handed only and too small/recessed). I wouldn't carry a P238 or P938 because I find the safety to be too easy to "miss", and the angles for safe and fire are different (lower) than my other pistols.

However, I found out about the impending P365XL soon after, and also really like the P320 X-Compact both of which won't have safeties. So many options now, but it's nice to have options...

The whole safety non-safety debate is interesting because a 6 lb trigger with a 3/16" pull (after the light take-up travel) is considered fine for a striker pistol (just measured the 320 and 365). But an SAO or cocked DA/SA with the same trigger weight and travel is "unsafe" unless decocked or locked. Hammer or striker doesn't make a bit of difference, only the weight and length of pull of the trigger is what matters. Why the double standard?

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Exactly.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is really quite simple. The most effective safety is located between the ears of the nut behind the trigger...............

The Islamic terrorist express: Go directly to Allah, do not pass hell.

Posts: 1386 | Location: Xanadu | Registered: May 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never been a "safety" kind of guy except on a SAO...and I don't have any.

However, these new striker guns are changing my way of thinking. They are a far cry from a DA/SA or DAO action with really short and light trigger pulls, particularly the 365.

I'd strongly consider the safety version especially for AIWB carry.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
My next gun is a 365MS.
I do feel better with manual safeties on striker fired guns.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post