SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Are people making the switch from the 365 to the 365 MS?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are people making the switch from the 365 to the 365 MS? Login/Join 
posted
And for those of you who are, what are you going to do with your original 365 (s)?
Or what are your thoughts about using two guns which are exactly alike except for a very different manual of arms?
Is the 365 MS only going to appeal to people who like and are accustomed already to using an external safety?

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Keeping the original.

Some folks like a manual safety, and while I respect that opinion, I don't share it.

I have a few range guns with a manual safety, but bought them despite that feature, not because of it.

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I have no desire to swap my 365 for the manual safety version.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P365 is my first pistol with a manual safety. I also have a LCP2 and Walther PPS....no manual safeties. I waited for the MS because I have never felt completely comfortable carrying without one. I have practiced drawing from my pocket and a kydex IWB holster and flipping the safety off is now automatic. I was practicing with my LCP2 a few days ago and found my thumb swiping for a safety that wasn't there. I'm certain that there is a good used market for the non-safety version since so many folks don't care for them.

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Personally, I see no reason for a manual on the 365. I've been carrying Glocks for years without one and will soon be doing the same with my new 320C. To me, they are superfluous. That said, another level of safety/security can't hurt if that floats someone else's boat.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15584 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several P365's, and have no need for one with a manual safety. I won't be buying one.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
The M&P line offers their guns with or without manual safeties. Any gun store will tell you that the manual safety versions tend to sit in the case. I see no reason why the 365MS would change that. So, the MS will be the minority, but still very important for those who prefer it. Options are a good thing. But, it’s still in the minority, so I don’t see many folks dumping their current gun for the MS.

As for using both, why? If you want a MS it’s for a reason. Why have a gun you don’t prefer and could potentially lead to a mistake/error?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Nope

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
No

Posts: 10753 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nein.

They really only appeal to those who are already used to manual safeties. If someone new were to be converted over to adopting manual safeties, I don't see the P365 being the gun that does it.

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
No, I see no need for a MS on this pistol. YMMV

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I had my first 365 last summer it didn't offer enough over my G42/43s with Striker Control Device to make me want to switch with all the extra gear that needed to be bought.
Compared to the Shield and most other small pistols the MS on the 365 is very usable and I like it. I have since bought two of them and made the switch to the 365 MS. I already has a 320 MS and have been practicing like crazy with the manual safety. Own multiple 1911s so MS is not a new thing for me.
If I had decided to keep the original non-MS 365 last year and was comfortable with carrying it then I probably wouldn't have made the change to the MS model.

Posts: 34 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, not me.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just yesterday sold a HK pistol and will order a P365 MS version from my LE distributor today.

I simply shoot my P320 MS w/X-Carry frame better than any other pistol, so it makes sense to standardize my preferred platform across all carry situations. Shot my friend's P365 well a few weeks ago, so it's a no-brainer for me.

I'm going w/the MS versions on both the P320 and P365 because they are essentially single-action pistols (fully tensioned striker), and I'm not comfortable running that setup without either a trigger blade safety or an external safety.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dehughes,

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I'm not switching.

Personally, it seems a little silly to me for a manual safety on this pistol, but as the others have said, it helps the pistol appeal to a wider market. SIG apparently received enough demand from customers to offer this version. At least they're trying to satisfy customer requests. On the other hand, look at Glock. Not a whole lot of manual safety models offered there. Wink

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Why would you want a manual safety on a pocket pistol Confused

The safety is the DAO trigger and that's enough IMO

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. Just fine the way it is.

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing that people who wanted manual a manual safety didn't get the original version. Now that there is a MS version, they'll pick it up.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think many people aren't understanding these are basically single-action pistols. The trigger on these striker-fired SIGs are fully-tensioned (much like the HK VP9, Walther PPQ, etc) which helps them have a great trigger pull, but without an external safety of some kind, carrying them is analogous to a 1911 in Condition 1 but with the grip safety defeated and the thumb safety off. HK and Walther add a trigger blade safety, SIG now offers a thumb safety.

Some just aren't comfortable without an external safety of some kind. Ultimately it is 1) preference, and 2) training.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
No

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post