SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is your favorite dedicated "gun" oil ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite dedicated "gun" oil ? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Grease = TW25-b
Oil = Just about anything will work

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20836 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Breakfree it has not failed me yet in the climate of Georgia.VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by villageidiot:
Breakfree it has not failed me yet in the climate of Georgia.VI

Break Free CLP seems to be the gold standard. If I didn't have Weapon Shield, I'd most likely be using Break Free.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I was gifted a bottle of the Wilson Combat Ultima-Lube II Oil a few years back. Great stuff. I’d love to know who makes it for them, if it’s rebranded.

Posts: 13818 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I like MPro7 oil.

Posts: 11508 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I've been using Gunzilla for several years. It is a very strong bore cleaner, which is what I like about it, but be careful getting it on some surfaces.

It isn't necessarily the best lube, but I also keep a tube of Militec-1 around. This combo works for me.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16377 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Okay, interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Has anyone ever had situation where a gun was properly maintained with really ANY kind of reasonable lubricant (even expedient, non-gun related stuff like motor oil, ATF, EVOO, etc.) and had a lubricant related issue?

Yes, I have seen seriously dried up and Caked WD-40 nearly lock up a couple older weapons. When that stuff dries hard it can be nasty to get off..........

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
any quality synthetic motor oil and white lithium grease. I can't imagine that specific labeled gun oil is going to provide anything a quality motor oil can provide for use on a pistol except for additional cost.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WD-40 is not an lubricate. it is made for the purpose of displacing moisture.

quote:
Okay, interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
quote:
Has anyone ever had situation where a gun was properly maintained with really ANY kind of reasonable lubricant (even expedient, non-gun related stuff like motor oil, ATF, EVOO, etc.) and had a lubricant related issue?

Yes, I have seen seriously dried up and Caked WD-40 nearly lock up a couple older weapons. When that stuff dries hard it can be nasty to get off..........

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
EWL, Wilson or Lucas

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7958 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ogive40
posted Hide Post
Wilson Ultima lube
FP10
Militec 1
Slide Glide

Sometimes if a combination of them depending upon temps, location of lubed part/function.

for cleaning BF CLP or G96 and always Hoppes No 9.

"The final weapon is the brain, all else is supplemental."
John Steinbeck

Posts: 2230 | Location: NJ | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Slip 2000 EWL, as well as the entire family of Slip 2000 products.

Same here. I have been using a 4oz. bottle of EWL30 for 9 years. I looked at my past purchase of Slip gun products and still have some 725 cleaner & just refilled my little bottle with blunt needle tip with the rest of my EWL30 I purchased in 2011. It's what I used instead of grease on my Sig rails. I also still have some regular EWL if I wanted to use a less viscous oil. I recently purchased a 4oz. tub of EWG to try out for the first time and I'm sure it'll last just as long if not longer than my bottle of EWL30.

I know these bottles are way more costly than grease and oil made for cars, but I think I still got my money's worth from my ~$15 bottle of EWL30 almost a decade ago. Just great products overall.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1053 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BucFan:
I have been using a 4oz. bottle of EWL30 for 9 years.
Same, I have some of the 30 weight and regular, along with the 725 cleaner.

I go through the cleaner more often and get the big spray bottle from Brownells and refill, but the lube last a long, long time.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFCUSARET:
Mobil 1 synthetic oil and MasterPro white lithium grease.

ditto here in bulk

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3325 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gundog55:
WD-40 is not an lubricate. it is made for the purpose of displacing moisture.

You are just kidding right?

Here is a quote from their OWN WEBSITE:

"WD-40 Multi-Use Product protects metal from rust and corrosion, penetrates stuck parts, displaces moisture and lubricates almost anything."

It is a Water-Displacing LUBRICANT.

And one that can leave a yellowish caked on goo that locks up gun parts like the CZ trigger another member posted.

It's best use on guns is for EXTERNAL rust prevention. There are far better internal lubes readily available. I prefer Slip 2000 because it is non-toxic and AR's run better if they are run wet from the boltface back...........dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post