SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is your favorite dedicated "gun" oil ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite dedicated "gun" oil ? Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
I switched to FP10 a few years back and I can tell it is slicker than Breakfree

I switched to FP-10 years on the advice of Walter Birdsong at Birdsong and Associates years ago. It is an excellent product.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15597 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mobil 1 10w30

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
I switched to FP10 a few years back and I can tell it is slicker than Breakfree

I switched to FP-10 years on the advice of Walter Birdsong at Birdsong and Associates years ago. It is an excellent product.

The reason I originally tried it was about something I read that the RCMP tested it their semiauto sidearms and found it worked well in ECW.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8690 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Weapon Shield CLP from the same guy that formulated FP-10.

Posts: 6622 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I use Weapon Shield Lube Oil. For grease Mobil 1 Synthetic loaded into a 5ml syringe

quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
Weapon Shield CLP from the same guy that formulated FP-10.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weapon shield or slip 2000 are tough to beat

Posts: 636 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oils =
Hoppe's #9 Lubricating Oil
-or-
ClenzOil Field & Range

Grease = Slip2000 EWG

ALSO, see FLORK's sticky thread here in the Pistol forum about lubrication. Lot's of good information and recommendations in there.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clean with Weapon Shield and lubricate with Mobil 1 VTWIN 20W50.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Does Slip 2000 EWG have any modybdenum disulfide or Teflon or clay solids in it ?

Posts: 8690 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have also used Weapon Shield oil and grease for several years and am completely satisfied with them. Slip would be my second choice. Everyone has their favorite.

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Slip 2000 EWL, as well as the entire family of Slip 2000 products.

Yes and Yes.

When working in a small room with little to no ventilation Slip 2000 products are best.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Been using Weapon Shield for oil for about 10 years. I like it.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LimaCharlie:
I use the M-Pro 7 products. They also make the Hoppe's Elite products.

Another big thumbs up for MPro7. It has become harder to find in stores around here and almost doubled in price in the one store I’ve found it in an hour away.

Posts: 6016 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use grease on the rails. Other parts get Lucas Extreme gun oil.

Posts: 4063 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a small supply of the "specialty" weapon lubes/cleaners. My primary stock is 2 quarts of Mobil #1 synthetic 5/30 motor oil and 2 of the Mobil #1 lithium grease, and 2 of Mobil #1 ATF fluid, believe it is all I will ever need. Those are dedicated to weapons. Particularly since I don't have 100+ guns to care for, just some carefully selected weapons/calibers acquired over the years and thinned out as sense prevailed.

The Islamic terrorist express: Go directly to Allah, do not pass hell.

Posts: 1386 | Location: Xanadu | Registered: May 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Slip 2000 EWL, as well as the entire family of Slip 2000 products.

Thank you Para. I know it's poplular but have not studied it to date. Coming from you I will research that recommendation thoroughly.

Well Para, I didn't need to research further after your and everyone else's testimony here. I bought a jar of Slip 2000 EWG, I'm going to use it on all the pivot points other moving parts on my GP100 after I followed IBOK's instructions on smoothing up ruger revolvers and shimming the trigger dog, trigger, and hammer with Mr. Shively's triger shims. I'm gonna put some EWG on the trigger sear as well. Combined with some experimentation with a spring kit, I'm looking forward to the results. Because of the lower viscosity of this grease, and its claim about not attracting as much dirt as petrol based lubes, I thought it would be a good candidate for these parts.

I want to reaserch the rest of the Slip 2000 lineup.

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I bought a little bottle of this Lucas Oil stuff a year or so ago at my dealer's suggestion, and I've LOVED it.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
FP-10 hasn't failed me yet. Goes on sale at Amzn for around $5-$6 from time to time.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I used to use Breakfree, but years ago, after reading a Pat Rogers article, I switched to Slip 2000 and EWL and haven't changed a thing since, except an occasional dab of Wilson Combat Ultima Lube, which I got free from Wilson.

I noticed Breakfree would dry up after awhile, and Slip 2000 would remain wet for a long time, and it tends to stay in place.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use different types, but I love the smell of 3-in-1 oil.
And I like its viscosity.

Hoppes #9 and 3-in-1 for the win !

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post