SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Colt NEW 3 inch Python
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt NEW 3 inch Python Login/Join 
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
When will they resume blued production??

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
The new 3 inch Python reminds me of the original 3 inch Combat Python. From Colts Custom shop. I always wanted one of those, but couldn't afford one.

I will have one of these! Smile

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every. Single. Time.

I open the safe and say “yes. I am good. This is it”

This happens.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2507 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^. Ha! I agree. When I saw this thread, I thought to myself: ‘Great. Right after I booth the 4” model, this has to come out…..’

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5754 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I’m hoping for a 4” Anaconda in 2022. As much as the 3” Python looks great, I’m pretty well covered in the 3” 357 mag.

Posts: 2960 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of larry starling
posted Hide Post
Great news! with Colt reviving the Revolver line can't be much longer before a New Diamondback is announced! That was what I was looking for in 2022

P-220R, SP2340
P-225 , SP2022
P-226 , P-239 X2
P-228 , GSR
P-229R, p-228R
p-220 carry
P-6,P-228R

Posts: 138 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: July 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larry starling:
Great news! with Colt reviving the Revolver line can't be much longer before a New Diamondback is announced! That was what I was looking for in 2022

4 inch in .22 please!

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rangemaster:

Normally I'd say no but the 1911 Royal Blue Classic is finished in the Royal Blue. But they would have to manufacture in steel as I don't believe the stainless will take the finish.

That would be worth the cost. the 1911 is 1500 MSRP.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Wait, when the "NEW" Python was first released, people here were somewhat "meh" on it. Some even posted some issues with it.

So, is it a thumbs-up now? Now that the kinks have been worked through?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
A 3" Anaconda would be the shit!

Yes, they worked out the light strike issue with double action fire. They put in a stronger spring.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34122 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wait. At my local shop one of the guys who works weekend at the shop also works at Colt during the week. He is an old friend. The shop is about 4 miles from the Colt factory. He had the CZ/Colt rep come in to the shop the other day and ask "what do you guys want to see more of" ? They told her more Pythons, Anacondas, of different barrel lengths, and blued revolvers, (they also said more commander 1911's).
She said those things were all in the works for 2022.
Sounds like CZ is going to kick start Colt like we have not seen in decades.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larry starling:

That would be very cool.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Wait, when the "NEW" Python was first released, people here were somewhat "meh" on it. Some even posted some issues with it.

So, is it a thumbs-up now? Now that the kinks have been worked through?

From what I know, they loctite the screw that was causing issues with the plate separating, which caused the cyl. problems. They also added a stronger mainspring to deal with the light primer strikes some had.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Working at the local indoor range I have had the opportunity to shoot two different examples of the new Python. Both 6 inch guns. Both had excellent fit and finish and nice triggers in both DA and SA.

I lusted after and shot a few Pythons back in the day. Before we knew there would be a day where Colt no longer made them amd existing examples would cost over a months pay. I grew up in a family of New York police. All Colt men. And as far as I can tell, the guns feel just like the originals, in the hand. I no longer recall what the original triggers felt like. But the triggers on the new ones are very good.

And there is the same pride of ownership. Not like another manufacturer, where owners make excuses for how ugly their new revolver is and how the ugliness is "not an issue". After it comes back from warranty repair, getting the clocked barrel put on straight, of course. Wink Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Or a 3 inch heavy barrel 64/65/10/13.

A 13 in deep blue.

I used to have a heavy barreled 3" model 13. One of the few guns I really kick myself for letting go. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if I could find one at a reasonable price.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Guess something is wrong with me I think 3” is too short.
6” Blued for me someday maybe.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25427 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I found one of them locally and the dealer wants $2200 for it.

I am really on the fence as I only gave $1500 for my 4.25".

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34122 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rangemaster:

Nickle is fine, but good bluing is where its at.

Can they still polish and blue like they used to? Can anyone?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Already on page 2 and no pics? Lemme help you guys out.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Check out the energy gain in going from 2" to 3" to 4":

http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/megraphs/357mag.html

Eek

Posts: 15895 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post