SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Colt NEW 3 inch Python
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt NEW 3 inch Python Login/Join 
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted
Colt announced a new 3 inch Python for 2022.

SKU:PYTHON-SP3WTS UPC: 098289003355

FINALLY! A 3 inch 357 revolver with everything you need and NOTHING you don't! Thanks Colt! Smile Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That's excellent news! I love a 3" revolver. I'm sure it'll be priced out of my reach, but I'm just happy knowing it exists Smile.

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
That will be one very fantastic gun if you can handle the 10% supply rollout. It'll be 2023 before most of us see one.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Man, if it was not a three inch Model 27.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or a 3 inch heavy barrel 64/65/10/13.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Or a 3 inch heavy barrel 64/65/10/13.

A 13 in deep blue.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
A 3 inch 13-3, with blue you could see your ancestors in, was the last off duty carry revolver I qualified with. Smile I still have it.

I've no hope that the company that made it, will return to make one as nice again. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
This is great news!

I’m smitten with a 3-1/2” 27-2 these days, and know that 3-inch-even guns are a real revolver sweet-spot.

^^ @18DAI I love your phrase “blue you could see your ancestors in” haha!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I was told Colt was making them in Canada, and that's why the shortest length was 4.1 inches. Wonder if CZ moved manufacturing, or did they get a government waiver?

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
Dang, looks like another pistol just got on my wish list. A buddy has a 4" blue python that is spectacular. Nicest revolver I've ever had the pleasure to shoot.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But, but, Colt..I'm still getting the feel for my
new generation King Cobra 3" (thanks to going very sparing on shooting, but I did get one of them that works!).

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Interesting. I was told Colt was making them in Canada, and that's why the shortest length was 4.1 inches.

I’m a little curious about that. Does the 4"+ minimum apply to all handguns made there or just if they’re sold in country?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
With a set of boot grips, this would be spectacular.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I'm in for one. Cool

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smart move for Colt. The three inch .38 is a cult object. Somebody there must have been reading the gun boards with all the police surplus M10s being sawn off and dressed up by centerfold gunsmiths.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got on my local shops list for one of these. I think its a great move

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Interesting. I was told Colt was making them in Canada, and that's why the shortest length was 4.1 inches.

I’m a little curious about that. Does the 4"+ minimum apply to all handguns made there or just if they’re sold in country?

The greater than 105mm barrel length requirement only applies to handguns sold commercially in Canada.

105mm is just over 4.1” (4.13386) hence the 4.25” barrel on the new python, current GP-100s having a 4.2” barrel etc.

Similarly, rifles and shotguns sold commercially in in Canada must have 18” barrels.

However none of this applies to what Colt Canada Can make for export, law-enforcement, or military sales.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Davidson’s website has a photo of the new 3 inch python:

https://www.davidsonsinc.com/c...thon-357-da-rev-3-ss

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^Very sharp looking revolver!

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post