SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta Announces the Addition Of Manurhin Revolvers to Their Lineup
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta Announces the Addition Of Manurhin Revolvers to Their Lineup Login/Join 
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Yes, Randy still owns Apex Tactical.

quote:
I don't know if Randy is still doing custom work for S&W revolvers.

I'm 99% certain they stopped taking custom revolver orders years ago.

They do have spring and hammer kits for revolvers, but custom stuff may be a thing of the past.

https://www.apextactical.com/smith-wesson/revolvers

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some people will spend $3000.00 to $8000.00 for a
nice 1911, so $3000.00 for a top notch revolver does not seem all that bad, if you have the scratch.

Posts: 141 | Registered: June 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ercarr:
Some people will spend $3000.00 to $8000.00 for a
nice 1911, so $3000.00 for a top notch revolver does not seem all that bad, if you have the scratch.

This was my first thought as well when I saw the inevitable comments criticizing the cost of one of these. Sadly, neither is in my future.

Posts: 546 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Holy Cow!

The MSRP is now 3999.95 in Venezuelan American Dollars.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
MANURHIN MR73 50TH ANNIVERSARY

'THE MANURHIN MR73 SERIES OF REVOLVERS was developed specifically for the requirements of the French Gendarmerie and special service units of the French Police and Military. The pistols feature exceptional accuracy and proven reliability, tested with tens of thousands of rounds of full power .357 MAG during durability testing. With a history and tradition of fine gun making behind them, the Manurhin series of revolvers is truly world class. This limited-edition collection piece features special engravings to celebrate its 50th anniversary and comes enclosed in a premium case with a certificate of authenticity and a spare 9mm cylinder with four moon clips included'

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/...h-anniversary-FA0111

Its prettier than a similarly priced high tech Air Force toilet seat cover.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Only ten thousand nine hundred and ninety nine dollars.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Well... I’ve seen plenty of good revolver shooters make cloverleafs at bullseye matches so I think the claim of waaay more accuracy is a bit hyperbolic. As to durability I’ve never seen an L or N frame shot to death so I don’t buy that either. F+F it probably wins easily as it should at triple the price.

Just two words. Dan Wesson.
If you limit your comparison to a Colt Trooper or S&W 19 only it seems a bit disingenuous. Those aren’t exactly the state of the art revolver you might buy today. How about the Super GP100 or one of the N frame Smith’s? Tell me how this gun at triple the price is more durable, more accurate, and worth the extra 2k all while holding fewer rounds. Nice guns but come on. It’s like reading that article from the French police commander where he claims 6 shots is an advantage over higher capacity because it “forces” you to be more accurate with those shots. Umm, ok. Rationalize much? Lol

Beautiful guns but let’s not lose our collective minds.

The MR is K frame sized and will outlast the N frame and probably the Ruger. It will certainly outshoot either. Do you know anything about them or are you just dismissing it due to cost?

As for rationalization, I buy the best and that’s what matters to me. I put the MR above any American DA revolver built on this side of WWII. Capacity means nothing in terms of a revolver, because I don’t carry or compete with them. To me, worrying about capacity in a revolver is like arguing over who’s the tallest midget in the circus.

Yes, to me it’s worth 3x what an L frame is, because I wouldn’t own one if it was given to me. The old commercial models bring 5X what an L frame does, so these seem like a bargain.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5623 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Just in case your ship came in:

They are back in stock at Euro Optic. Three choices of barrel length in the Sport model and the 50th Anniversary model still in inventory.

https://tinyurl.com/32wmjnvf

If somebody doesn't aquire an MR73 and give a range report at 25 and 50 yards, kittens will expire. We don't want that, do we.

posted Hide Post
Tempting. Since I wouldn't own a S&W for free, this might be my only chance to own a revolver. I am channeling my inner gun snob.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post