SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's your primary ccw caliber?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your primary ccw caliber? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Two of the three guns in my normal carry rotation are 9mm, the third is a .45 caliber 1911.

Bigger calibers are still very alive and well.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Depends on the day ahead. In hostile anti-gun I carry a slim 32 acp that is invisible. 90% of the time a 9mm, in some neighborhoods a 10mm.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
.45 here on most occasions. I do have a little mini Kimber 380 in an ankle holster for when something on the hip won't work.

Picked up a 22Mag not long ago as well. It wears nice and is super light. Hard to tell you've even got it on.

Posts: 20097 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I carry my P229 in .357SIG or my GLOCK 33 on a result basis but I'll dig out the GLOCK 20 from time to time.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
I got excited after I voted because I thought of bunch of people carried 357s too and then I realized the labels are goofy and all those folks were packing 9s. :-)

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
.327 Federal Magnum is most-carried.
9mm is a close second.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
357 Sig in my P229 is the preferred. If I need something a little smaller and lighter, 9mm P239

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Not keen on RMR carry off duty anymore.

May I ask why?

It's winter and snowing gets in my way and lint is everywhere with a husky and shepherd. At work it's fine since it is in a solid holster built for RMRs and not exposed.

I'll go back when it warms up and I can find something to cover the rmr from dog and cat fur. I have five cats and three dogs (and two rabbits)

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8017 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Ah. Gotcha. That makes sense. I didn’t know if you had found something wrong with the RMR and carry.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
quote:
Not keen on RMR carry off duty anymore.

May I ask why?

It's winter and snowing gets in my way and lint is everywhere with a husky and shepherd. At work it's fine since it is in a solid holster built for RMRs and not exposed.

I'll go back when it warms up and I can find something to cover the rmr from dog and cat fur. I have five cats and three dogs (and two rabbits)

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daily is still my full-size HK USP .40 in a JM custom kydex aiwb! It’s not much bigger then a Glock 19…… But I also daily a LCP2 at the same time…….

Posts: 119 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
City: 9mm

Mountains/Woods: 10mm

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

10mm, most often my Ruger GP-100 "Wiley Clapp" model with a 3.5" bbl. Occasionally the SIG P220 Elite Nitron. The only holster I've ever used for any gun is an Andrews Leather Saddle Style (OWB). It spreads the weight well, making it easy to carry an all steel gun, and makes for a sturdy platform to draw from.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Mostly 9mm either a P365 or PM9 but have been thinking about bringing my G33 back into the mix.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by photohause:
.22 short

Sure you don't want to upgrade to the .25 ACP?

I don't carry it but don't knock the 22 short:

https://www.thehighroad.org/in...ini-revolver.888665/

I carry S&W 351PD 22 magnum.

Posts: 6 | Registered: June 09, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
9mm and .32 H&R Magnum revolver in my coat/jacket pocket for easy acces.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Toss up between 9 and 45 with 9 getting the edge as it's what my authorized off duty weapon is chambered in.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I typically run 9 but I'll do 10mm in the woods or backcountry. When we issued 40 I ran that but honestly, the difference isn't worth arguing about.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've owned just about every handgun caliber through the decades of shooting and have owned/ sold hundreds of guns. Some years back I got out of buying, selling and collecting and sold almost everything I had (still have a few left, well maybe a little more than a few) and now only have 9mm's some 22lr and 12g shotguns. 9mm is my CC and range gun. I'm not bigger is always better although the 45cal. was a nice bullet to shoot for a long time.

Posts: 113 | Registered: December 01, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've carried a Springfield XD sub-compact 40 cal since Illinois got CCW. Not sure why but I like the 40 cal. I've got a 226 in 40 that is my go too shooter as well.

Nick
nick_mur

Posts: 98 | Location: Peoria IL | Registered: December 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
Used to be a P229 in .357 SIG.
Then a P224 in .357 Sig.
Now a P320 Compact in .357 Sig.

Posts: 789 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post