SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's your primary ccw caliber?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your primary ccw caliber? Login/Join 
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
In warm weather, my P365 with a spare 12-round magazine in my pants pocket (Ammo Armor keeps rust and dust out).

In cold weather, my P320 or P229 in .357 Sig, also with a spare magazine.

Posts: 4499 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
9mm happens to be what I carry most often due to the recent purchase of a P365, however, .357SIG is my next most common defense cartridge, with .40S&W rounding out my personal collection. I don't carry it very often anymore, but I do still occasionally drop my LCP in my pocket, which of course is .380ACP... and while I have thought about selling it a time or two, nothing seems to work better in dress slacks than that little pistol in my homemade wallet holster, so I'll be keeping it!

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
I find it interesting that .357 Sig is the second most carried caliber amongst respondents.

Personally, that's what I carry in either a P239 DAK or P229 DAK, as those are agency issued and I've had them since 2012. Before that it was a P226 DAK issued in 2004, and before that was a P226 DA/SA, issued in 1998. All were chambered in .357 Sig.

Seeing as it's been almost a quarter of a century that I've been carrying it, it seems quite normal and comfy to shoot. Having said that, I am looking at picking up a P227 Elite or Tacops (easily converted to Elite with grip and front sight swaps), as my late father left me quite a bit of .45 ACP. That, and he was very, very fond of that caliber. Seems I can stick with my classic Sig's but honor him by carrying his warhorse cartridge.

Anyway, interesting poll. No surprise on the 9mm being most popular, but the .357 Sig being #2 was a pleasant surprise....

Posts: 807 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about that myself. I think that may be an artifact of the fact this is a SIG based board, and, well it is 357SIG. It would be interesting to repeat this on a brand agnostic board and see the results.

quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
I find it interesting that .357 Sig is the second most carried caliber amongst respondents.

Personally, that's what I carry in either a P239 DAK or P229 DAK, as those are agency issued and I've had them since 2012. Before that it was a P226 DAK issued in 2004, and before that was a P226 DA/SA, issued in 1998. All were chambered in .357 Sig.

Seeing as it's been almost a quarter of a century that I've been carrying it, it seems quite normal and comfy to shoot. Having said that, I am looking at picking up a P227 Elite or Tacops (easily converted to Elite with grip and front sight swaps), as my late father left me quite a bit of .45 ACP. That, and he was very, very fond of that caliber. Seems I can stick with my classic Sig's but honor him by carrying his warhorse cartridge.

Anyway, interesting poll. No surprise on the 9mm being most popular, but the .357 Sig being #2 was a pleasant surprise....

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I was thinking about that myself. I think that may be an artifact of the fact this is a SIG based board, and, well it is 357SIG. It would be interesting to repeat this on a brand agnostic board and see the results.

True, although as tribal as everyone seems to be getting these days, are most folks in the firearms community really all that 'agnostic' anymore? I mentioned online a while back that I saw little to no value in flat triggers or reflex sights. Still think they're basically gimmicks, even after having tried both. They do nothing with training that normal curved triggers or front sights can do.

But when I innocently said that....MAN OH MAN! You'd of thought I was on some sci-fi fan boy page and screamed "Star Wars sucks! Marvel movies are garbage! Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings stuff is kindergarten crap!!"

They went after me like Reigelberg villagers with pitchforks went after the Frankenstein monster, I got called everything but a civilized human being. Amazing how some folks wrap their identities up in the stuff they buy; you don't like their pet brand and say so, you might as well be calling their mama a diseased, horny warthog that gets intimate with inbred railyard hobos. They pull out the long knives and go after you hard.

I remember a time folks could disagree and not declare war on each other. Miss those days....

Posts: 807 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
I guess I’m eclectic:

.380 or 9mm in hot summer months,
.40 or.45ACP in colder months when people where heavy coats, and
357 mag or 10mm in the woods.
Wife says I have too many guns.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poppy6x:
Wife says I have too many guns.

I think wives are supposed to say that. Big Grin

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
For me it is mostly a LCR .327 Fed, but my p365 is gaining.
In the winter time my heavy coat often has a Charter Arms bulldog .44 spl in the pocket.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have only had my ccw a few months and for most of that time it’s been very warm here in Florida. Only thing I felt that I could conceal well is a airweight j frame 38 in a iwb.

While it has gotten cooler it’s still in the 60s at 10pm. Daytime is mid 70s. Not exactly Parka weather yet I will start to experiment with something bigger as I start wearing heavier clothes. I have sig365, g26 and g19 and all the way to full size duty guns and 1911 steel smiths k frames to choose from. I’m not opposed to a bigger caliber just 38 has been what I’ve been able to get away with so far.

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
In the city, 9mm. In the woods, 10mm.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post