SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P385
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
P385 Login/Join 
Member
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
No P320s evidently “uncommanded” this time:

https://www.police1.com/firear...nside-subway-station

And therefore of course worthy of no fevered attention. Roll Eyes


Yeah, I just saw a video of a guy who had carefully holstered his carry gun, adjusted the appendix holster a touch in his pants, then a few moments later when he bent over, it went off...

Oh...and it looks like it was a G43...

https://youtu.be/zRnK2rzgTB0?si=UHrnujonovid9eyf



 
Posts: 1994 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
Was this post actually intended for the "The Sig P320 and discharges" thread?

Nope.

As far as I was able to determine via (trigger alert) an Internet search, all striker-fired pistols approved for duty carry by the NYPD have dinguses on their triggers—a subject that was raised here.




“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
 
Posts: 49968 | Location: 10,160 Feet Above Sea Level in Commirado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Trigger dinguses, and even 12 pound trigger pulls, won't prevent idiots from having NDs.

And don't even prevent holster-related mishaps, where objects get into partially exposed trigger guards, like on some WML compatible holsters.

But considering the initial report is that the NYPD officer was just standing around when "it just went off", I can about guarantee he was absentmindedly fucking around with his Glock. Like doing the quick slight draw/reholster while standing around that some morons are fond of doing when bored, treating their holstered duty gun like a fidget toy. And either holstered his finger, or another object got into the trigger guard.

It's a not uncommon stupid habit that some lowest-common-denominator cops get into, for some reason.
 
Posts: 35523 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Trigger dinguses, and even 12 pound trigger pulls, won't prevent idiots from having NDs.

And don't even prevent holster-related mishaps, where objects get into partially exposed trigger guards, like on some WML compatible holsters.

But considering the initial report is that the NYPD officer was just standing around when "it just went off", I can about guarantee he was absentmindedly fucking around with his Glock. Like doing the quick slight draw/reholster while standing around that some morons are fond of doing when bored, treating their holstered duty gun like a fidget toy. And either holstered his finger, or another object got into the trigger guard.

It's a not uncommon stupid habit that some lowest-common-denominator cops get into, for some reason.


I think more than anything else, it demonstrates the lack of basic and ongoing firearms training these officers are getting. It's kinda hard to hold officers accountable, when management deemphasizes the importance proficiency officers' have. I think it points to a philosophy somewhere up the line of authority that believes if officers can't shoot accurately, there's less chance they'll fire at and hit/kill offenders ("civilians").


"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
 
Posts: 10532 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Since I’ve helped divert the thread already and now we’re into the issue of LEO competence with their weapons, a question for the knowledgeable that was prompted by things I’ve been thinking about recently:

If a state LE organization (e.g., Colorado P.O.S.T. Board) establishes a minimum firearms qualification recommendation or requirement, does that in itself tend to serve as an excuse to do nothing more? For example, if the rule/suggestion is just for yearly handgun qualifications, does that permit the local agencies to say, “Hey, we’re doing what we’re supposed to,” and leave it at that? Would the absence of such state fingers-in-the-local-pie involvement be more likely to result in agencies considering and justifying what was actually best?




“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
 
Posts: 49968 | Location: 10,160 Feet Above Sea Level in Commirado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Trigger dinguses, and even 12 pound trigger pulls, won't prevent idiots from having NDs.

And don't even prevent holster-related mishaps, where objects get into partially exposed trigger guards, like on some WML compatible holsters.

But considering the initial report is that the NYPD officer was just standing around when "it just went off", I can about guarantee he was absentmindedly fucking around with his Glock. Like doing the quick slight draw/reholster while standing around that some morons are fond of doing when bored, treating their holstered duty gun like a fidget toy. And either holstered his finger, or another object got into the trigger guard.

It's a not uncommon stupid habit that some lowest-common-denominator cops get into, for some reason.


I think more than anything else, it demonstrates the lack of basic and ongoing firearms training these officers are getting. It's kinda hard to hold officers accountable, when management deemphasizes the importance proficiency officers' have. I think it points to a philosophy somewhere up the line of authority that believes if officers can't shoot accurately, there's less chance they'll fire at and hit/kill offenders ("civilians").


I can't think of any basic firearms training that I've been through as a cop...even the crappiest of training...that suggested that it's ok to finger-fuck your sidearm when you're bored, or use it as a fidget device. Yes, LE firearms training could be better, and sometimes stoops to the lowest common denominator, but responsibility for safe handling still lies on the individual who's been entrusted to carry the gun.

Back to the subject of the thread and the P385...it's interesting. I hope if it's using the P365 architecture it's at least more robust. The P320 gets complaints about being too complex, but the 365 is even moreso, and it breaks more.


-----------------------------------------------------------

Any comments made by this poster are my own and do not reflect the views or opinions of my employer.
 
Posts: 12032 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would the absence of such state fingers-in-the-local-pie involvement be more likely to result in agencies considering and justifying what was actually best?

There are smaller agencies who would reduce their training to an annual event...just to say they have qualifications...in the name of saving money.

Then you have agencies like the Calif State University Police, who have always qualified monthly.

University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley) Police do a lot of firearms training...well above what Calif POST requires...especially the ones assigned to the Lawrence Livermore Labs




No, Daoism isn't a religion



 
Posts: 14542 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Since I’ve helped divert the thread already and now we’re into the issue of LEO competence with their weapons, a question for the knowledgeable that was prompted by things I’ve been thinking about recently:

If a state LE organization (e.g., Colorado P.O.S.T. Board) establishes a minimum firearms qualification recommendation or requirement, does that in itself tend to serve as an excuse to do nothing more? For example, if the rule/suggestion is just for yearly handgun qualifications, does that permit the local agencies to say, “Hey, we’re doing what we’re supposed to,” and leave it at that? Would the absence of such state fingers-in-the-local-pie involvement be more likely to result in agencies considering and justifying what was actually best?


It’s extremely common here. Most SOs and PD consist of a Sheriff and a deputy or two, and I’ve seen PDs with just a chief. I grew up in a county that had a Sheriff and 7 deputies, and three PDs with only a Chief.

The state standard is 20 rounds once a year from seven yards. 11 must strike the target. And that’s it. The state started making chiefs and sheriffs sign off on official forms that was being done. Because it wasn’t getting done in most places.

Most agencies are dirt poor too.


________________
People hate you. Train like it.



 
Posts: 38691 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Someone mentioned that maybe SIG will manufacture this new model in “other calibers” other than the P365 calibers of 9mm or 380.

I know I may be pissing in front of a fan but maybe, just maybe, SIG will offer this model in a 40/357Sig model.


What about .45acp and 10mm? Throw in .38 Super while you're at it.
 
Posts: 3801 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
 
Posts: 32068 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Since I’ve helped divert the thread already......


We are hopefully just a few days away from an official announcement. I have a dream the P385 will be good enough to allow us to move on. One can hope anyways...




"The left can't applaud me because their hands are in other people's pockets." - Javier Milei
 
Posts: 2469 | Location: Texan on the north side of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Frankly the larger P365s are good enough for movin' on if that's all one is after. Fingers crossed for something that turns out to be really cool.
 
Posts: 27436 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
And hopefully the P385 will incorporate a manual safety option that locks both the sear and firing pin.


End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
 
Posts: 17808 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, bring us the dingus so when you tote 'em you don't shoot your scrotum

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bsIwF1lFVdc?si=lbI4QUXc4M1w68Dz" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]


HARUMPH! Wink

A duty pistol that is the equivalent of a 1911 with no manual and grip safety was never a good idea.
Looks like Sig is starting to wise up.

I can easily drop the striker on my P320 by pulling on the extreme edge of the trigger. I can also drop the striker using side pressure only. I can't do either with any of my pistols with a trigger safety.


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

 
Posts: 5665 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Well looky what's on the official SIG website, it's no longer just a rumour.

My local dealer is having some SIG reps in the store tomorrow. I think I will go see what I can find out.





"The left can't applaud me because their hands are in other people's pockets." - Javier Milei
 
Posts: 2469 | Location: Texan on the north side of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I can't see the dingus.
 
Posts: 114950 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I can't see the dingus.


This is a family website....no dinguses until after 12 am...



 
Posts: 1994 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
On the webpage, the image shimmers but there's pixels covering up where the dingus should be. If it has one.
 
Posts: 4141 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In this day and age, dingus obscuration is puritanical.
 
Posts: 114950 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
SOB, now I need a dictionary to browse Sigforum! Big Grin





Eight years to retirement! Just waiting!
 
Posts: 8040 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P385

© SIGforum 2026