SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 48…I’m kind of digging it..
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 48…I’m kind of digging it.. Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
So I’ve had a Glock 43X for a while. I recently purchased a 48 MOS slide from a coworker. After putting the slide on the 43 frame, it’s actually a really nice set up. Not what I expected.

More to follow as I carry it…

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Good, good

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
So I’ve had a Glock 43X for a while. I recently purchased a 48 MOS slide from a coworker. After putting the slide on the 43 frame, it’s actually a really nice set up. Not what I expected.

More to follow as I carry it…

Excellent. I have done that also.
Glock 48 with its 4.2” barrel can do stuff with ballistics.
Just imagine when there is a G43 but with the hand filling grip width of the 43x/48. (Probably seven round flush mag.) The G43XS. Then the thin Glocks could all interchange, and take back some Sig 365 market.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I do like the 48 MOS, probably the next purchase.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I had a G48 for a little while and traded it for a Beretta Inox I wanted really badly, but I swore it would get replaced at some point. I really liked the form factor. Slim, good amount of ammo, good barrel length. I think it's a winner.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I’m running mine with the Shield Arms 15 round mags / metal mag catch.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
It's the only Glock I own. I love single stack firearms.

Outside of my 2 purpose driven Rugers (LCP and SR22) its the only non Sig pistol I own.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
They are great pistols. Only complaint on mine is the trigger blade on this one is terribly uncomfortable, but it carries very well and is great to shoot.

Since I got my G48 and my P365 my G19 has been collecting dust.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I already have a 43X but the Blue Label price makes the 48 very tempting.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great option, I do believe to be a great option as a true defensive pistol.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been looking at the 48 and 43x lately as I havnt bought an edc pistol for about 13 years now. All this time I’ve been carrying a 26.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy carrying and shooting the G48. I might be talking out of school but, I liken it to a Glock version of the Sig P225. About the same size w/ a little bit more capacity. With both being easy to carry and shoot.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is light, flat and has good capacity and accuracy. Glock reliable, too. Agree with the earlier post on the rough trigger texture. I went PolyDat to solve that issue.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I started with just my 43. Then, I bought a 43X frame. Then, I bought a 48 silver slide. I ended up having the slide milled (so I can use OEM night sights as backup) and had it refinished black. I now have a 43X/48 MOS frame because I wanted to mount a streamlight tlr7 sub. On the 48 now rides a Holosun 507k green and tlr7 sub. I also carry shield mags and mag catch.

Between that, my 43X (not MOS) and 43 (with shield arms Z9 mag and catch) my 19 sees no carry time. It is permanently assigned to my truck locked in a small vault.

I do fight the urge to get a P365 with WC grip frame but I'm so invested in my Glocks.

My duty gun is a G45 MOS with tlr7 and Holosun 507c green.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
I’ve been looking at the 48 and 43x lately as I havnt bought an edc pistol for about 13 years now. All this time I’ve been carrying a 26.

Same here, but looking at the specs I see I only lose about 0.1" of width going to a 43 or 48. I've grown very used to the chunky monkey and her 10 rounds.

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I like my two tone 48.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
I do like the 48 MOS, probably the next purchase.

That didn’t take long! I’ll shoot it this weekend.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up a 48 MOS. Trying to decide if I’m going to keep the stock trigger or put something else in it.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I think it will need a connector at least.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
I think it will need a connector at least.

Anyone have a recommendation for a 43x/48 connector?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post