SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P226 X-Five Legion
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P226 X-Five Legion Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
A local gun shop already has a used one of these in the case. I'll have to pop back in and get the backstory on how it became a boomerang

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I handled one in a LGS, and I think the frame is stainless. Trigger had as much creep as most P226s I've had, and the frame to slide fit was no better than, most standard Legions. Although nice, I don't see where extra $1K is justified.

Posts: 41 | Registered: December 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by antt:
I handled one in a LGS, and I think the frame is stainless. Trigger had as much creep as most P226s I've had, and the frame to slide fit was no better than, most standard Legions. Although nice, I don't see where extra $1K is justified.

No stainless frame. near as I can tell itsa 226 SAO legion with pic rail, gas pedal, compansater, tungsten infused grip panels, and a ugly adjustable rear sight.. I'll stick with wanting a 226 X-5 classic

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]No stainless frame. near as I can tell itsa 226 SAO legion with pic rail, gas pedal, compansater, tungsten infused grip panels, and a ugly adjustable rear sight.. I'll stick with wanting a 226 X-5 classic[/QUOTE]

This store had a P226 X Five classic and the weight was only slightly more than the Legion. At least half a pound heavier than a standard P226. Not sure where the extra weight is coming from if an alloy frame.

Posts: 41 | Registered: December 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by antt:
This store had a P226 X Five classic and the weight was only slightly more than the Legion. At least half a pound heavier than a standard P226. Not sure where the extra weight is coming from if an alloy frame.

The grips are made of the same tungsten-infused polymer as the P320 XFIVE Legion. That’s where the extra weight is coming from.

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 337 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
I'll stick to my 226 SAO ELITE in 9MM thanks.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2259 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no comparison to a Staccato IMHO, the Legion is better. It shoots as well as my XC at half the price. It also fits my hand like Sig molded it specifically for me. It eats anything including those weird Underwood Hard Cast Flat Nose which choke every other 9mm I own. For those bashing them, try one first.

"Dyin ain't much of a livin...boy"

Posts: 317 | Location: West (By GOD) Virginia | Registered: November 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
I too think it’s fugly, aesthetically. But, Sig must do well selling the Legion line, and if it keeps them in business, well, what do I know?

However, from a practical standpoint, I get the appeal, the comp makes sense, especially with current USPSA rules. I’ve been shooting a 226 for years, am comfortable with it, have tons of mags and holsters, etc. And given how historically unreliable/finicky 2011s have been, I dunno, just not interested in spending big dollars for one.

I have a couple German X5s, and the new American ones just don’t do anything for me, but this one is interesting. I don’t quite like the Legion branding, I don’t need night sights on this. Black adjustable rear and a bright fiber optic front is what I’d want. And, is it really an X5 if it has a 4.4” barrel? Frankly, I’d have marketed it as a “X-Five Short Comp” or something similar, but, eh, that’s mostly superficial.

Badguybuster, what are your thoughts on the effectiveness of the comp? How does recoil compare to normal X5s or standard 226?

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by badguybuster:
There is no comparison to a Staccato IMHO, the Legion is better. It shoots as well as my XC at half the price. It also fits my hand like Sig molded it specifically for me. It eats anything including those weird Underwood Hard Cast Flat Nose which choke every other 9mm I own. For those bashing them, try one first.

How's the trigger? I got rid of my X5 Classic because no matter how I used the adjustment screw, all I got was an extra light spongy trigger or a light spongy trigger. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have sold it for a Masterpiece Arms.

Posts: 4175 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is quite a thread.

I guess I’m in the minority, but I picked up one of this last week and really like it

Posts: 1324 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
quote:
Originally posted by badguybuster:

How's the trigger? I got rid of my X5 Classic because no matter how I used the adjustment screw, all I got was an extra light spongy trigger or a light spongy trigger. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have sold it for a Masterpiece Arms.

The trigger is suoer adjustible. I have mine set to where the reset is almost non-existant and the pjll is a clean 3.8#

"Dyin ain't much of a livin...boy"

Posts: 317 | Location: West (By GOD) Virginia | Registered: November 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
I shoot my 226 SAO ELITE for Steel Matches its a tack driver, pity im not.

quote:
Originally posted by Sigforall:
I'd love to shoot one!
I shoot the 226 legion SAO with a SRO for games now.

LOL
4 posts. That has to be the record?

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2259 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not crazy about the color, at least the color in the pics but I kind of like the comp aspect. After shooting the Macro Comp, my opinion on the comp guns has changed.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked one up recently. I need to get it to the range to compare to
my X-Five Classic. I’m thinking it will compare favorably, but I will see. I know the aluminum frame is odd for an X-Five, but the grip makes it just 3oz or so lighter than the steel gun next to it. The comp should also make a nice difference.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bac1023,

posted Hide Post
^^^That's quite the pair. Very nice.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So with the first of these Legions that showed up yesterday I was not expecting the Cerakote to be so green, much like in bac's picture which I had missed until just now. It actually looks pretty decent considering the hot mess of a pic that started this thread, well except for the stupid 10-round magazines that are required here.

Our shop's example however has a ridiculously light trigger as established by the factory. While I didn't put a gauge to it, it definitely breaks well below 2 lbs. There's barely any perceptible stack point or wall to the pull. Not what I would call a safe trigger, thumb safety notwithstanding.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice Monoblok. I have since shot mine a good amount and it might be my favorite X-Five. Not quite the craftsmanship of the German models, but just an awesome shooter.