SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P226 X-Five Legion
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P226 X-Five Legion Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
https://osagecountyguns.com/bl...egion-announced.html

What's new?

- Integral comp
- Alloy frame
- TXG (Tungsten infused magwell grip)
- Totally stupid. Lighten the gun with the alloy frame then add weight to it with the tungsten. Ok.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Seems kinda busy looking.

Maybe the script could be bigger?

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
But it comes with A COIN!!!

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It's a game gun for gun gamers that get to choose if they want a light alloy gun or a heavier gun without having to spend quite a bit of money on solid brass grips. And with the integrated comp being factory equipped it allows people to use it and stay within their division instead of being kicked over into Open and competing against $10K 2011s.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, that's just ugly as fuck. And costs more than the SS models.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gray? Looks fairly poop brownish green to me. Of all of the poop-colored guns I've ever seen, I think this one is the poopiest.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
$2399? Just get a 2011 Stacatto and be done with it.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is just a Legion in XFive clothing.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 125 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Just my opinion... ugly.. way out of proportion as well as way too many weird cuts in it.... and I like the looks of the standard P226 Legion.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just No

Posts: 75 | Registered: June 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Better get one while you can. Just imagine the future collector value considering the likelihood of a quick discontinuation due to lack of sales. You’ll have a limited edition!

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll wait for the markdowns to hit.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Registered Legion owners can get it for jus 2219, for a limited time.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to stick with my 226 XFive (and possibly have the barrel ported).

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I'm going to stick with my 226 XFive (and possibly have the barrel ported).

Im just gonna get the x-5 and leave it stock!!!

Posts: 7800 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Fugly,with a capital F

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I'll be the contrarian here and say I really like it and intend to purchase one.

I think the proportions in the originally posted picture are off. Below are pictures from the SIG WEB site for comparison.

It is lighter than the P226 X5 Classic by a few ounses and no busier than that gun IMO, the only difference being the integrated comp (which you may like or not) and the takedown level which is larger and more prominent.

Otherwise it just has different grips, a different color and a comp.

Yes, grips are different, you may prefer wood, and you may not like the color. But it's really not that different in appearance than the Classic from my perspective and I like the compensator (which other SIG sport guns have had in the past, though not integrated). I also like the flat trigger.

Other X-5 have also had alloy frames. So, I don't really see the huge difference and don't regard it as ugly. But then I have two other Legion guns, a P220 10mm and a P229.

Frankly, I consider the cutout frames on many of the SIG offerings now uglier and of less use than anything on this particular gun.

But then, that's the way of things. People like what they like and dislike what they dislike. For me the P226 PRO-CUT and the ZEV are ugly.

I have an early P226 X5 Tactical with an alloy frame and it's the best shooting gun I've ever handled (admittedly, my experience may be limited).

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
This is the dumbest thing I’ve seen from Sig in a long time! They already have an Sig 226 X5. Why would anyone want to spend more on a gun with a shorter barrel? Are they just trying to confuse people.I love Sig, but Im getting mad as hell every time I buy an Sig and then they discontinue it. 2 out of my 3 Sigs are now discontinued. One of which I just bought! Sig, I’m freaking done with you. I’ve been trying to decide on buying an Sig 226 X5 or a Dan Wesson DWX. I’m buying the DWX, because I know as soon as I buy the X5 you’re going to discontinue it for the “Legion” X5. Idiots!

Posts: 4 | Location: Oklahoma  | Registered: August 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryOkie:
This is the dumbest thing I’ve seen from Sig in a long time!

Wow, for such a so called "expert" you must be one of the most ignorant people that started off on the board.

If you weren't an idiot and simply asked "why" Sig would do this, I wouldn't treat you like a moron. However, let me baby step you through this. There's the things call "shooting sports" that have rules and divisions.

One of these divisions is call "Open" where you find the most absurd race guns with multi chambered compensators, barrel porting, and other things to make +P+ round recoil like a bunny fart. Before, if you had any gun that had compensators or barrel porting, you were playing in this field even if all you had was a G17C with no other upgrade.

A rule change that came into play this year in shooting sports is barrel porting and compensators became legal in all classes as long as it was done at the factory instead of by the shooter. So what Sig has done is made a gun to shoot Limited Optics (SAO hammer guns with optics) using their slide comp system that doesn't burden the shooter with a compensator they have to take apart in order to remove the barrel from the gun, let's people in ban states enjoy a compensated gun where they otherwise wouldn't because threaded barrels are banned in whatever loser state they live in, comes in a more reliable package than a 2011 with much cheaper magazines, and comes in at half the price of a Staccato XC or comparable 2011 that's used in competition.

If you like it or not is no one's concern but your own, but you'll find out on this forum if you act like a know it all when you clearly don't, you're not going to have a good time.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Retard. Have you seen how this thing jumps? If you’re too poor to by a Stacatto XC just say so. Now go back to your little job at 7 Eleven and let the big boys talk dipshit.

Posts: 4 | Location: Oklahoma  | Registered: August 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post