SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I scored a......Feel free to share
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I scored a......Feel free to share Login/Join 
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted
I'm not going to lie..Over the past decade I have had a lot of fun shopping and looking for deals related to firearms. The last 2 years have been dismal and to be honest I have given up finding a deal anywhere.

But today I managed to score 15 226/40 mags for 55 bucks. Police trade ins. just had to share that with someone lol. Hope you guys are getting a few deals out there!!!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Yay!

Only thing I'm looking for right now is Hornady 10mm 180 gr. XTP, which has been scarce as hens' teeth Frown

I think I'll soon order a shoulder rig for that 10mm pistol.

Otherwise I'm pretty set, firearms-wise.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Thanks to this recent thread,

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/2320064484

I scored a lifetime supply of Lucas Gun Oil (regular & Extreme Duty) for under $10.

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
A deal like that on magazines you will actually use is nothing short of spectacular!

First thing of mine that I can think of was an $800 Allround.

I also have some Sigs in 9x21 so I can buy all the ammo I want for $15 a box.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few weeks ago a I picked up 2 boxes (100 rounds) of 32 ACP for about $30.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithbc:
A few weeks ago a I picked up 2 boxes (100 rounds) of 32 ACP for about $30.

That's a killer deal right now! My buddy snagged me 500 .32 ACP cases at a gun show last week for $25....I was pretty excited about that.

Posts: 8413 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
But today I managed to score 15 226/40 mags for 55 bucks. Police trade ins.

Wow, that is a the deal of deals right there!

I tend to find deals on accessories and ammo but guns usually not so much.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing earth shattering, but in the last couple of weeks I've gotten:

Winchester M1 Garand uncut rear handguard with milled clip. $33 delivered, worth $250, maybe more.

BME National Match Garand/M14 windage knob in a small parts lot $16 delivered, package worth $75 or so.

S&W Victory Model GI flap holster. $27 delivered, worth 2-3 times that depending on how it cleans up. ETA: Delivered damaged today, so maybe not a deal.

M1923 sling. $40 delivered, worth maybe $150.

More junk I don't need, but it won't take up much space.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M1Garandy,

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Beretta Bobcat in 22 LR for $100 about 2 months ago. I have probably put about $50 in ammo thru it since then. Big Grin

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I posted about it a few days ago, but just picked up a CZ Bull Shadow Compact. It came with a Trijicon HD front sight and LOK grips.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
That’s a really good score.

To date probably my best score was a Gen 3 Glock 23 that I got from a former police officer for $250. He posted it for sale on a local gun trader group originally at $350, but by the time I saw it he had marked it down to $250. The reason it didn’t sell was because he wanted to meet at a gunshop and transfer it through the FFL. He even said he’d pay for the transfer. I had no issue doing that so I got the gun and several mags for a killer deal.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
About 4 months ago Walmart had 5 boxes of 12ga buckshot on the shelf. Since there was a worker nearby, I asked how much per box. She looked it up and said $1 per box. Did I want all 5? Smile

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My biggest 'score' was earlier this year, when I picked up 150 rounds of .41AE ammo for about $60.

Considering the only company I know of to reload and sell this is charging around $80/box of 50, I definitely feel like I scored!

Now, I just need some rangetime with my BHP and give that round a try to see how it feels.

Oh- and another guy sold me his stash of .41AE brass for about $115/box of 500.

Again, .41AE brass and rounds are not cheap. Even if $115 isn't the definition of a great deal- for .41AE it is.

Next stop, lead and primers- then time to reload some and confuse people at the range:

Is that a 9mm? No
Is it a .40S&W? No
Is it a .357sig? No
What IS it? .41AE

What the HECK is THAT????? Cool

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 683 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a nice score. Every so often I get a deal here and there.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bczrx:
My biggest 'score' was earlier this year, when I picked up 150 rounds of .41AE ammo for about $60.

Nice!

.41 AE is hard to find at any price!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are still some deals around if you look hard enough. I managed to score 70 new usgi carbine mags, 250 rounds of ammo, and some three mag pouches last year for $180 from my lgs. I felt like I won the lottery.

Posts: 225 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
About 2 1/2 years ago I scored a hardly-if-ever-fired 1980 vintage Colt SAA in .45 Colt indirectly from an estate sale, for $770.

I wound up spending a lot more than that, though. While I had and continue to have to intention of getting into cowboy action shooting, I figured that since I had the SAA I really should pick up a lever action rifle to go with it. Same caliber and all, y'know? I think it's actually a law. So I did a bunch of research and ultimately bought a Uberti 1873 clone. And while I was researching that, I found myself developing a yen for an 1886 in .45-70 as well. So now I have all three. Why? Hell if I know. I don't hunt anymore. One of those "Just because, that's why!" purchases.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My neighbor is my dealer, lives right across the alley from me.
He worked at Ray O'Herrons for a long time, now he's with Kieslers Police supply.

I've gotten many a "good deal" from him.

However, it was king of hard to beat a deal on a "used" LMT Defender!
They were some department "turn-ins", and we're $850 a piece. The one I got had probably been shot once, maybe twice. None of the parkerizing was worn on the edges, pulling the charging handle back, it still had that slightly "gritty" feel to it after it was cleaned. Damn thing wasn't even broken in yet!
Tossed a "used" Aimpoint Comp M-4 ($150) on it.
My brother is still in the Marines, so somehow a bunch of M-4/M-16 magazines showed up on my door step.
I paid full price for the sling, but the light I got on sale.

A $2400 gun, and I have one for $1400 with all the add-ons!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
2 weeks ago I scored a P365 in the box with the 2 ten round mags, only been to the range once, mint condition, total price $380 out the door.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigarms229,

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walked into the local place, checked the used pistol section and saw a near new Smith and Wesson 945 (full size) with 3 magazines. I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough. The price would have been fair in 49 states, but in California where such items are hard to find, cannot be imported, and often snatched up quickly, the price was phenomenal. Video linked.

https://youtu.be/imr54ZBkdpc

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post