SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock to FINALLY release Glock 25 and Glock 28 .380 pistols for US market
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock to FINALLY release Glock 25 and Glock 28 .380 pistols for US market Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
Just saw on a another forum that Glock will be releasing the Glock 25 and 28 models to the US market. These are the G26 an G19 size pistols, but in .380.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Personally, I see no reason to go with .380 in the exact same size package as a 9mm counterpart.

But Sig has sold enough .380 P365s to tell me that somebody out there is interested in it.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In gen3?

Posts: 107603 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

While I have no interest in these two models, they were always on the list of what can't be imported into the U.S.

Never figured out why they would manufacture an item and then not make it available to everyone.

Now about that model 46...

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Never figured out why they would manufacture an item and then not make it available to everyone.

Glock doesn't make the US handgun import restrictions. The ATF does. Glock is just having to follow those rules.

Sub-9x19mm caliber handguns have to meet a higher bar to be cleared for import, since the ATF apparently wanted to dissuade the mass import of cheap "Saturday Night Specials" in calibers like .25, .32, and .380. So the .380 G25 and G28 don't score enough points on the ATF's factoring criteria worksheet to be legally importable.

These .380 Glocks will have to be produced in the US to get around that, much like the G42 was. Austrian-made G25s and G28s still can't be legally imported.

Glock just hadn't seen the need to spin up US production of these two models before now, since the primary market for the G25 and G28 has always been other countries where military caliber handguns (like 9mm) are restricted for civilian purchase, while US shooters have always been happy with their 9mm counterparts in the G26 and G19.

But apparently Glock USA has decided there's now enough of a demand on the US gun market to justify producing them. Probably after seeing the recent success of other semiauto .380s, like the aforementioned .380 P365, Ruger Security 380, and the S&W Shield EZ.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I don't think Glock has had to import any guns after the end of the Gen2 production run.

Interestingly enough, the barrels, mags, and RSA could be imported. but I'd go for the model 17 in 9x21 first.

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, I don't think Glock has had to import any guns after the end of the Gen2 production run.

Yes, they have.

Glock switched from the Gen 2 to the Gen 3 in 1998. Glock started US production in 2013, and even then it primarily focused on the non-importable G42 and G43 initially. It was several more years before other common models were able to be produced at their US facility.

US-made Glocks have only been a thing for about a decade, and less than that on most models.

And alongside the guns they produce in the US, Glock continues to import a lot of additional Austrian guns for US sales. About 1.2 million in 2020 alone (the latest year where stats are available).

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I don't think I'd be in the market for one, but I can see why they'd produce them. There are plenty of folks with arthritis, small stature, etc. who are recoil sensitive, even with 9mm. The G42 is a total pussycat in terms of recoil, I can only imagine the G25 and G28 being smoother and easier on the hands.

Posts: 17132 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Just saw on a another forum that Glock will be releasing the Glock 25 and 28 models to the US market. These are the G26 an G19 size pistols, but in .380.

Did they say a proposed release date by chance ?

Posts: 934 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Interestingly enough, the barrels, mags, and RSA could be imported. but I'd go for the model 17 in 9x21 first.

Whether they have had to or not, they do still import a lot of guns. In fact, I see far more Austrian guns than US guns.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Fair enough.

Maybe I was just thinking about the last time I'd bought a Glock that had proof marks.

Idunno.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Fair enough.

Maybe I was just thinking about the last time I'd bought a Glock that had proof marks.

Idunno.

I don't think that guns made in Austria for export are proofed. I've got a 19 that was one of a bunch imported in 2008 or 2009 (during the Obama scare, I think) that has proof marks. I actually grabbed it just because it did and they were unique.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I thought the 25 and 28 were blowback operated?

I always thought about ordering them on the blue label program but didn’t want to because they were blowback.

My 42 is a sweet little shooter. I’m good with that for 380.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

My 42 is a sweet little shooter. I’m good with that for 380.

The thing that has my curiosity is if the .380 versions will be more accurate than the 9mm. The 42 is more accurate than the 43.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
The 42 is more accurate than the 43.

I agree. I shoot my wife's G42 slightly better than my G43.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16702 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Sign me up for one of each.

Posts: 1457 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very interesting; was thinking a G42 as a double stack would be handy a few months ago. Will wait and see how things develop.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's great news, I can't to see what they'll go for. I suppose they will be 3rd gen handguns.

Posts: 828 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Yes the pictures I saw were gen 3 models and they are available now. A guns store posted images and had inventory to sell. It’s a Talo special distribution according to Glock.

Edit- From what the guy said 28's hit April 4th, 25's in May

I think the FFL dealer that leaked the news probably was supposed to wait until after the Glock press release … oops.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post