SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock to FINALLY release Glock 25 and Glock 28 .380 pistols for US market
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock to FINALLY release Glock 25 and Glock 28 .380 pistols for US market Login/Join 
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Just got a notification from Talo for the announcement of the G28.

Here's a link to the press release on the Talo website:

https://taloinc.com/news/talo-introduces-glock-28

G28 product page:

https://taloinc.com/product/glock-28-gen-3-usa

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess from the collector angle (the guy who has to have every existing Glock model), that itch is sort of scratched with these now officially sold here. But in my op/ed Glock would've been better served by instead making a G42X and "Gnextnumber" (a G48-sized .380) instead.

Say, did anything ever come of the rumored G49 9mm from last year?

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Say, did anything ever come of the rumored G49 9mm from last year?

The prototype G49 is just a G17-length slide mated to a G19-length frame.

They ran with that concept with the G47. With a G47 and a G19, you can make your own G49 configuration, along with a G45 configuration. Four configurations in one.

If they were to still release the G48 at some point, then you could get a G45 and a G49, and have the same four configurations available as the G47+G19 combo. But that might be too much overlap/redundancy to justify producing a whole new model.

Personally, I'd be more interested to see the Glock 46. Rather than just being mix-and-match slide/frame lengths like the G45/G47/G49, this was actually a new design from Glock that used a rotating barrel, and which also featured a more pronounced beavertail and a manual safety. It was produced exclusively as part of a ~6,000 gun contract for the Saxony-Anhalt State Police in Germany, and is not currently available otherwise.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got one and put 90 rounds thru it. 50 Sig fmj, Underwood 90 grain penetrator, and hornady xtp.
Fun, easy to shoot and not blowback. Weak ejection. Way over built and recoil spring is strong so might be why. No malfunctions however just something to note although with hotter stuff it was more normal ejection.
I always wanted one so even though the size to power thing will cause some to question the purpose I just put it into the easy to shoot fun category but I may still carry it. 10 rounds of Underwood 90 grain penetrator would have to hurt

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Reliability issues during the G28 review on Mrgunsngear Channel.

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
From the looks of the video, the G28 is oversprung.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I picked up a G28 yesterday. It is way over sprung. I will rack the slide hundreds of times in front of the tv, and load and unload the magazines in an effort to break the springs in. The tenth round is near impossible to load. The magazines are TIGHT. WAY too tight.

The recoil spring is the same exact 028 marked spring that comes in the Gen 5 G26 9mm. Which is surprising.

I’ll work my magic on the springs in an effort to break them in, and hopefully it will function ok at the range when I live fire test it.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is due in this THU - one advantage of living near Quantico. No update/updated spring yet available from the factory as far as I can determine. Guess I will call them once I have it and have the SN. I will make up some warm-ish reloads for it in the meantime. I think the TLR-6 off my Gen4 G26 will fit right on to it. As an add-on to bubbatime's post - maybe let it sit with the slide locked back for a few days??

Edited to add: supposedly, these are in the Gen3 style but in TALO’s photo the recoil spring looks captured. Maybe all Gen3’s are captured, I dunno I don’t own one. Seems like non-captured would simplify swap out or cutting of the recoil spring.

Posts: 431 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Other than as a collectible, I don't see the point. The video above shows a dog. Woof

.380 ammo is not much cheaper than 9mm these days, if cheaper at all. The G26 has been available for more than 27 years. There are countless examples available, from gen2.5 to gen5 and it's ultra-reliable and accepts all double-column factory 9mm magazines, from 10 rounds to 33 rounds.

This thing? Woof

And even as a collectible- the real collectible would be the Austrian version of this pistol and not this USA-made version.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I handled a G28 at a LGS yesterday. I was grossly underwhelmed. I own a Ruger LCP Max. The G28 feels like two of them glued together. It feels as if it should hold at least 14rds, but it only holds ten.

I concur that it feels oversprung. When racking the slide, I was surprised how much effort it took compared to LCPs, M&P EZs, & other 380 Autos.

As Para put it, this gun fills no needs nor niches other than, "I want to fill the gap in my Glock collection between my 27 in 40S&W & 29 in 10mm."

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeoJelly:
Edited to add: supposedly, these are in the Gen3 style but in TALO’s photo the recoil spring looks captured. Maybe all Gen3’s are captured, I dunno I don’t own one. Seems like non-captured would simplify swap out or cutting of the recoil spring.

All of the Glock 26/27/28 size pistols have always used a captured dual recoil spring setup (like what the gen 4 guns have), as far as I know.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Brand new Glock 28 range report 6/23/23

Purchased on 4/10/23. Been trying like heck to make it to the range. Finally made it today on 6/23/23. Read the reports of the strong recoil spring and strong magazine springs, and I can concur. Those springs are strong. As such, I began breaking the springs in back in April when I bought it. I loaded and unloaded the magazine to full capacity dozens of times. I racked the slide several hundred times. I stored the gun in the safe with the slide locked back, and the magazines full, in an attempt to start breaking in the springs with a little bit of spring "set"

Today I shot 160 rounds of ammo.
-50 rounds of Browning 95 grain flat point FMJ (rebadged Winchester)(this was the weakest ammo I shot)
-50 rounds of Speer Lawman 95 grain FMJ
-20 rounds of Fiocchi 95 grain FMJ (made in Italy, a little more power than American made ammo)
-20 rounds of 99 grain Federal HST (stuff is hot)
-20 rounds of Norma MHP 85 grain hollow point (this stuff is HOT. Says 1280 FPS on the box. Doubt that, but this stuff is spicy.

I loaded mags to 10, loaded the chamber, and then topped up the mag, for 11 total rounds in the gun (loaded to full capacity). All shooting was started with 11 rounds in the gun, for the remainder of the shooting, until the ammo ran out.

On the first shot, with 11 of the Browning flat point FMJ in the pistol, I got a stove pipe. I fired the rest of the ammo, 159 rounds, without any more issues or failures. The Browning flat point ammo fired perfectly later in the session, after shooting the gun some more and breaking it in some.

The hotter ammo like the HST and Norma MHP, definitely had some oomph and definitely work the slide with authority.

The flat point Browning ammo (rebadged Winchester) is the worst quality ammo in my 380 stash, which is why I grabbed it, to shoot it up and get rid of it. The flat points hang up on the feed ramps of some of my other 380 pistols, so I wont be buying flat point 380 ammo again.

So in conclusion, I fired 3 types of FMJ, 2 types of JHP, 160 rounds down range, and only had a single stove pipe on the first round fired. After a few mags through the gun, you could tell it was starting to loosen up and settle in.

Next time I take it to the range I'll try some other brands of ammo and see if stays reliable.

Its a Glock. I would trust it with my life (loaded with premium quality hollow points)

Recoil is nice and low, perhaps 25% lower than a Glock 26. These will be nice guns for those with hand strength issues.

posted Hide Post
Why bother releasing it? I’ll take mine in 9mm!

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Glock 28 Range report #2 7/9/23

Shot 103 rounds today with perfect function and no issues. This gun is broken in and reliable.

Shot 50 rounds of Federal American Eagle brass case FMJ - no issues
Shot 22 rounds of S&B FMJ - no issues
Shot 20 rounds of Norma MHP 85 grain hollow point - no issues
Shot 11 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 90 grain hollow point - no issues

That's 263 rounds down range total so far and only one stove pipe on the very first round. No issues after that. Shoots nice and flat and has very fast follow up shots.

posted Hide Post
Has there been any Glock 25's out yet?

Posts: 828 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by taguin:
Has there been any Glock 25's out yet?

I was in the armorers' class in May in Smyrna and they said the 25 will be available "sometime this summer".

It hasn't appeared on Talo's website yet.

Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Just me, 9mm has better stopping power and Glock has them in a variety of packages that can easily be concealed. My 26 serves every purpose other than deep concealment. That's where the 43 gets yanked out of the safe. Not interested in the weak 380. Just me.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1554 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Glock is finally releasing the Glock 25 in December 2023.

https://taloinc.com/product/glock-25-gen-3-usa

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's kind like if the G19 had a slow brother. Razz

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Other than as a collectible, I don't see the point. The video above shows a dog. Woof

.380 ammo is not much cheaper than 9mm these days, if cheaper at all. The G26 has been available for more than 27 years. There are countless examples available, from gen2.5 to gen5 and it's ultra-reliable and accepts all double-column factory 9mm magazines, from 10 rounds to 33 rounds.

This thing? Woof

And even as a collectible- the real collectible would be the Austrian version of this pistol and not this USA-made version.

I'm not sure the lower recoil is a thing either. Everyone used that as a reason to buy a P365 in .380 and I watched a video of 3 guys shooting a P365 in 9mm and 380 and none of them could tell a difference in recoil. So even if there is a difference it's not much if at all in the Sig version. Possibly there is in the Glock version but I doubt it.

Last I checked 9mm ammo was cheaper.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post