SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock to FINALLY release Glock 25 and Glock 28 .380 pistols for US market
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock to FINALLY release Glock 25 and Glock 28 .380 pistols for US market Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Did you snag one already?

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Me?

No. Those are the photos posted online by the gun store that jumped the gun and started selling them already, 2 weeks early.

As I said earlier in the thread, I have no interest in owning a G26/G19-sized .380. You're giving up a lot in terminal performance in exchange for nothing as far as size, weight, capacity, or concealability.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's one G28 on GunBroker.....$750.00 starting, $799.00 Buy Now. I think I'll wait a while.

Posts: 933 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
What’s with the ladder-back mag? Is that something new on Glocks, or just for these models? Is it to help differentiate from other Glock mags so you don’t mix them up?

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
It shrinks the mag interior to fit the 380.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I want a G25, though I know it’s really dumb. I’m not going to order one unless I see a killer deal online, but if I see one in a store I’ll probably get it.

For some reason the G25 has always appealed to me.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
So are these blowback or locked breach like the G42?

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:

Both are reported to be blowback; I suspect recoil will be close to locked breach guns, negating any possible lower recoil signature over the 9mm counterparts.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:

Both are reported to be blowback; I suspect recoil will be close to locked breach guns, negating any possible lower recoil signature over the 9mm counterparts.

If that's the case, I really see no point to these whatsoever. An identically-sized gun that shoots a more expensive cartridge with inferior ballistics and the same (if not worse) felt recoil. I could see a locked breach version having some appeal for a person who is recoil sensitive, but blowback is just dumb.

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Exactly. The point of them was never a lower recoiling gun, but rather one that used a "non-military" cartridge for countries that do not allow civilian use of a "military" cartridge.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
What’s with the ladder-back mag? Is that something new on Glocks, or just for these models? Is it to help differentiate from other Glock mags so you don’t mix them up?

quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

Correct. The G28's frame is identical to the G26/G27, but .380 has a much shorter OAL than 9/40. So the internal dimensions of the magazine are smaller, but the external dimensions have to be the same as the G26/G27 magazine.

Similar to how 9mm 1911 magazines have a spacer at the back of the magazine body, since the internal dimensions have to accommodate the shorter 9mm but the external dimensions have to be the same as a .45 1911 magazine.

posted Hide Post
I am intrigued by them. I prefer the G19 size and can see that being a big seller. I hope they make a gen 5 eventually.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

Oh, I see. Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks, Chowser!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Thanks but no thanks.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1554 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really dislike the 26 size pistol so the 28 is terrible in my opinion.

On the other hand a 19 sized .380 could be ok. There isn't many options in the bigger higher capacity .380 pistols. Ruger Security 380? one of the only ones I can think of

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Made in the USA. That's surprising to me, even if it shoudn't be.

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I am now very interested in a G25. Especially if a quality aftermarket barrel becomes readily available so can utilize cast bullet practice hand loads.

Posts: 3148 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
To me, 380 makes the most sense in small framed pistols that compromise caliber for stealth. As for these new Glock variants? Why purchase, carry and shoot a pistol similar in size to established variants (9mm) that use a ballistically superior round that you can use for less? Why didn’t Glock simply just use the same formula that Ruger used with the LCP Max and apply it to the Glock 42?

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one here thinking about filing the back of the magazine smooth and doing a grip reduction to fit?

Posts: 9154 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post