SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock to FINALLY release Glock 25 and Glock 28 .380 pistols for US market
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock to FINALLY release Glock 25 and Glock 28 .380 pistols for US market Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Why didn't they just do the G25 in the Gen5 MOS pattern? Glock can sure be bloody dense when it comes to responding to the state of the marketplace.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Releasing it in a gen 5 would take R&D. This is a limited release. They are not going to spend months testing and evaluating a gen 5 when they already have the gen 3 tested and ironed out.

They did this as a favor for Talo and don’t expect much more demand than the initial order.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
My G25 is ordered and will be here on Thursday.

I already have the G28 and now I’ll have its big brother.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
They did this as a favor for Talo and don’t expect much more demand than the initial order.

What did I say about Glock being dense? Yes I'm fully aware of the TALO connection. But Smyrna should probably ask gun shops about which caliber pistols are selling fairly briskly these days. Because if they had asked us, we would've told them that we've seen a hefty uptick in .380 sales. Not that it would come close to outdoing 9mm pistol sales, but it's certain whipping the demand for .40 pistols nowadays. A G19-sized .380 should do quite well, particularly if it were done up in its latest generation as further enticement. Besides, how much actual "engineering" would Glock really need to figure out? From the Gen3, they KNOW how much reciprocating mass they need to deal with. They have all of the tooling patterns from the existing 19 that can be adapted fairly easily for .380...just like they did back the late 90s when the Gen3 was the new thing. Considering how effective Glock's so-called "testing and evaluation" was in rooting out issues with their .22LR G44 given the ACTUAL pervasive ammo-related problems that model had at launch, I would think that evaluating an updated pistol done in a caliber that they DO have a trove of past experience and history with would be a walk in the park in comparison.

We have trouble keeping the overpriced 80X in stock. The .380 S&W Shield EZs continue to be popular sellers. Every other week I have to order another batch of LCP Max and LCP II pistols in from distribution. Glock's own G42 remains a regular seller as customers ignore the sibling G43. And SIG's .380 P365 (including the spendy 'Rose' version) has become a very popular alternative for folks who simply can't manipulate and/or handle the recoil of the 9mm versions.

The .380 is far from dead in these parts. Bringing a more ergonomic G25 wouldn't be a dumb move. Certainly no dumber than say, being relatively late to the single-stack 9 party and then coming only with a six plus one shot G43.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Glock 25 range review

About 200 rounds down range with no issues. I perceive about 30% less recoil than a 9mm Glock 19. Fun to shoot, back on target quickly.

Ejection of empty brass is normal and about twice as far as the G28. So I think the springs are calibrated properly.

My wife preferred this gun over the HK VP9 and the Sig P320 9mm guns I also brought, due to the low recoil.

I’ll shoot it some more and it will likely find a place as my wife’s bed side pistol.