SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Springfield Prodigy (2011 clone)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield Prodigy (2011 clone) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was their Staccato P steel framed or aluminum? They make both and the aluminum is noticeably lighter.

Considering how light the P felt, the metal of the frame could indeed have been aluminum alloy. I'm afraid I didn't think to ask or look that closely, mostly because I didn't consider that possibility until long after I left.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up the 4.25 in on Sat price was 1375 , took it home gave it a wipe down and reoiled it ran some 124 Nato stuff and 115 gr Fed , had to nudge the slide home twice , but just needs a little break in gun is tight , shot well , I came home cleaned gave the ramp a shine up , and put a around 14 pd recoil spring in runs great so far , had Desantis leather open top for a 4 in railed 1911 the Springfield fit perfect >

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
quote:
Originally posted by deadmanmike:
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Iron Curtain states can rejoice (sort of); Springfield offers blocked 10 round magazines in all three sizes. We just ordered a bunch of Prodigies and a handful of each of the dumbed down magazines. Kinda weird I know, but no stranger than 10 round 5.56x45 PMAGs made to look like their proper 30 round siblings. Pretending is such an important thing to one's psyche...I guess... Roll Eyes

I haven't seen SKUs for any of these, can you send them my way?

When I return to work tomorrow I'll see what I can do.

According to the coworker who ordered the guns and mags, he only has a verbal commitment with the regional SA rep on quantities. Apparently we haven't received any SKUs for the compliant gun packages or the 10rd magazine variations yet. The order was placed now to take advantage of the current round of special fall pricing that SA is offering during September, including on Prodigy 10rd versions and accessories that apparently don't exist yet.

As I get more info I try to pass it along as best I can.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rlbuzz:
I've been hearing rumors that Springfield Armory isn't actually manufacturing the Prodigy DS and that it is being built for Springfield by Alpha Foxtrot.
Can anyone either deny or confirm this?

Never heard of them so I went to their site.
If you have to put women’s nipples in the main banners of your site to sell guns it does not bode well in my opinion.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/v5f3mtxPAEM

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
For those interested, TheHumbleMarksman did a comparison video between the Prodigy, the Bul Armory Tac Commander, and the Staccato P.

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If that 'P' felt light then it was probably the Alum. model as it only weighs a tad bit more that the full metal C2 Duo.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dealer cost is low enough on them that there is some room to sell them below MSRP and still keep the lights on, however demand will drive the market for a while. There might be some in the classifieds...

Triarc Systems offers their mags, which are the same OEM as Staccato at $50 for general purchase and $40 for LE sales (when available). The downside to the Triarcs is their polymer baseplates are not very good and I have had them shoot off of several mags. A metal baseplate adds about $15 and makes up a lot of the difference between their mag and Staccato's.

I know this thread died out, but you aren't joking about markup. The 26 round 170mm magazines are all over Gunbroker for $39! The Staccato 170mm mags are $120 and the MBX are $160. Even if they only work most of the time, that's still a huge deal.

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
So finally handled one in the wild for the first time today.
Did not like the grip texture which led me to notice that the entire grip and trigger guard is plastic.

Is the Staccato plastic as well?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
So finally handled one in the wild for the first time today.
Did not like the grip texture which led me to notice that the entire grip and trigger guard is plastic.

Is the Staccato plastic as well?

They always have been. The cheapest 2011 you can get that has an aluminum grip is a Masterpiece Arms DS9 for $3K (and well worth it since you'd pay $6K otherwise).

Remember, this is the frame:

And this is the grip:

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Always has been. My '19 P and '20 C2 are plastic. I ordered the Prodigy in November and a C2 Duo last week. Neither has arrived.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post