SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So how are you guys liking your Glock 43?
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So how are you guys liking your Glock 43? Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
It's the only pistol that I can IWB in gym shorts or track pants. I ran to the store quickly last night and I had on house attire. A pair of 32 degrees sweat pants on last night and needed to run to the store, out of bananas. It was cold and I was in a hurry so i grabbed the 43, put it into a Klipt holster and mounted it AIWB under a t-shirt. I can't do that with any other gun. They'd be too heavy for a sweat pant drawstring instead of a belt. The 43 is fantastic for when you don't feel like carrying a pistol but now you can, 9mm to boot. Everyone needs one Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12640 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
I just called ETS. G43 6/9/12 round magazines start production in around 2 weeks!!!!!

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I have Buyers remorse. I have not read the entire thread but I saw a green frame G42 which I jumped on for $350. Should I have held out?

I have not had a chance to shoot it yet but I wanted to replace my Seacamp .32. Damn thing was so unpleasant to shoot I rarely would take it to the range.

Thoughts?

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2507 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
I just called ETS. G43 6/9/12 round magazines start production in around 2 weeks!!!!!

I'll take two of the 9 rd mags please.

Who is ETS? It was the day I got out of the Army. Smile

Posts: 15908 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:

I'll take two of the 9 rd mags please.

Who is ETS? It was the day I got out of the Army. Smile

Elite Tactical Systems
ETSgroup.us

I have a few of their 22 round 9mm mags, and they function great. This is the first I've heard of them making mags for the G43, but if they are as good as the ETS mags I already have, then they'll have a winner on their hands for sure!

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jumper:
I was pretty surprised that I enjoyed shooting it as much as I did. I've never been much of a fan of the Glock grip angle and it seemed even more pronounced on the G43 than my G19 Gen4, but that gave me no problems.

There's a lot said about Glock's grip angle. Few realise that it's the same as a 1911.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Even thou the G43 was late to the single stack 9mm polymer party, funny how it's now considered the best by many and maybe the current best selling 9mm SS.

There's another thread about how such and such handgun may bring about the end of the G series as we know it??

The G43 is a great example of "just enough" innovation for Glock to be consistently considered the best.

My G43 is quickly becoming my "go-to" gun.
What a great product and a testament to Glock getting it right the first time.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by Jumper:
I was pretty surprised that I enjoyed shooting it as much as I did. I've never been much of a fan of the Glock grip angle and it seemed even more pronounced on the G43 than my G19 Gen4, but that gave me no problems.

There's a lot said about Glock's grip angle. Few realise that it's the same as a 1911.

Only if u run the GI style arched main spring housing. A flat housing makes them point much better for me than a glock. Still own 4 glocks though.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:

Only if u run the GI style arched main spring housing. A flat housing makes them point much better for me than a glock. Still own 4 glocks though.

No, the grip angle remains the same. The 1911 and the Glock pistol's front strap is within a degree.

The backstrap and palm swell varies with the generation of Glock and model; it moves up and down with relation to the palm between full size (eg G17) and subcompact (G26, etc). The G17/22/31 feels smaller and thinner due to the position of the palm swell. The front strap and grip angle, however, remains fixed and is the same.

The 1911 is often lauded as the perfect grip angle (is there such a thing?), and the Glock as one of the worst. They're the same.

The palm swell tends to cause people to elevate the muzzle and the illusion is that the wrist must be bent far forward to bring it down, furthering the illusion that the grip angle is different. It's not. It's the same.

The European idea of grip angle and feel as presented by Glock is similar to the way a rapier sword is gripped when thrusting. The Glock feel with the palm swell is also similar to shooting a snub nose revolver with a boot grip.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is complete BS. Everyone knows that an HK P7 has the perfect grip angle. Lol

Posts: 7500 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
An update. Since changing to the Vickers slide stop, I have not experienced premature slide lock even a single time. With the Vickers part in place, I've fired about 260 rounds, a combination of Winchester Q4318, Federal HST 124 grain and 124 grain +P. Using my standard grip, the pistol now functions.

We're not out of the woods yet. I need to do some more function testing before I'd feel comfortable carrying this pistol, but if you're experiencing premature slide lock in a G42/43, I recommend you give the Vickers slide stop a try.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:

Six weeks later and they still are not listed on the ETS website.....dammit.

Nonetheless, I'm such a fan of the 43 that I bought a second one last week. Never a bobble from my almost two year old original copy.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased my 43 early on when they were first introduced. When I took it to the range for the first time it performed flawlessly, and was very accurate for its purpose. But I was not thrilled. Thinking what have I done lol. It is carried a lot, shot a little, It is a go everywhere 9, carried IWB galco stow n go, OWB wild bill holsters paddle. It's a keeper.
It Replaced my S&W gen 3 CS9.

Posts: 276 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
I got to handle, but not shoot a Clock 43 at the range last week a friend has. He had installed a Hogue Grip Sleeve just made for the 42 and 43 on it and I was impressed by how it improved the grip feel in my hand. Before I found it to slim and felt like it would slip around in my hand on recoil, but the grip sleeve changed my mind. Here's a link: https://www.hogueinc.com/store...ck-42-43-black/21695

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
A couple of weeks ago, I sold my Walther PPS M2s and picked up a couple of Glock 43s with the Gray Frame/Black Slide combo.

In the process of running some rounds through them in order to get comfortable with them for EDC.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was so so on it until I shot it. I shoot it as well as my G21 and G34. I love it.

Posts: 492 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: June 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
An update. Since changing to the Vickers slide stop, I have not experienced premature slide lock even a single time. With the Vickers part in place

That's good to hear. I put a Vickers slide stop on mine as well. Not for lock back issues, but rather for easier manipulation which it does provide with perfect function.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Para, it's good to hear that your 43 is running well now.

My Austrian 43 intially was having a last round feed issue with hollow point ammo, ( Federal 124gr HSTs ) fed from the stock factory magazine it came with. It happened several times during the first few hundred rounds while I was getting to know the pistol, but this issue went away shortly thereafter.

I must say, the 43 is a sweet shooting little pistol that's quite accurate.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Can you provide some detail of the malfunction? Are the rounds jammed in a vertical position, with the nose of the round against the roof of the chamber?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
quote:
I just called ETS. G43 6/9/12 round magazines start production in around 2 weeks!
Six weeks later and they still are not listed on the ETS website.
I was not aware ETS was doing this. That's great news. According to TFB, the capacities will be 6, 8 and 12 rounds. I love the idea of a 12 round magazine for the G43. I must have a couple. Big Grin

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023