SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So how are you guys liking your Glock 43?
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So how are you guys liking your Glock 43? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Para,
Any update on your 43?
Was the issue boiled down to bumping the slide stop or an issue with the round being canted left by the ejector?
I'm working through a failure to feed issue with WIN Ranger rounds and it might be related to your slide stop issue. Very frustrating. This was after two trips back to Glock for other warranty issues and upgrades.

To all Veterans: your sacrifices are not forgotten. Your sacrifices are honored. Welcome home. For those not home yet, please know that many of us pray for your safe return soon.

Posts: 587 | Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: September 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I haven't yet been back to the range. There's something different between the OEM and Vickers part, beyond the obvious. What that difference is, I cannot say without some more shooting.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Talo Edition yesterday with the Orange Dot front sight. Like others, my G26 is my favorite, but want something a little lighter and slimmer for our 11 month summer in South Florida.

Posts: 379 | Location: Shenandoah Valley - VA | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, you will probably find- as did I- that you shoot the G26 much better.

It's the width of the pistol, mostly, I think.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EkimSig:
I ordered a Talo Edition yesterday with the Orange Dot front sight. Like others, my G26 is my favorite, but want something a little lighter and slimmer for our 11 month summer in South Florida.

I got my Talo 43 a couple of weeks ago .
Shoots great.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally received my 43. I shot the 43 more consistently center, though the groups were no where near as tight as they were with the 26/17/34. It should be noted that I also just centered all of my Glock (26, 17, 34, and now 43) sights trying to cure the standard "pull left" and not compensate by sliding the sights right...admittedly I'm a newer pistol shooter. That being said, I really liked the G43. Para, you were right, I think I will def shoot the 26 better once I learn to not pull left with the larger frames.

Posts: 379 | Location: Shenandoah Valley - VA | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One other note of interest (maybe) is that my slide is marked USA instead of Austria. I know that was discussed a couple of pages back.

posted Hide Post
My 43 has been flawless. However I do shoot the 26 better. I carry the 43 in an Alien Gear rig.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Are any of the 43s made in Austria? I thought that, because of ATF import rules, they had to be made in the US. IIRC this was a big reason it took them so long to get the 43 out for sale.

quote:
Originally posted by EkimSig:
One other note of interest (maybe) is that my slide is marked USA instead of Austria. I know that was discussed a couple of pages back.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I had always heard the ATF thing was why they took so long coming out the the single stack. They had to get he production capacity in GA to support it.

I guess not.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I love my 43! As mentioned, I don't shoot it as well as my 26, but I shoot it well enough.

The more I practice with it, the better I get, but the width of the grip definitely causes my groups to open up.

It's a trade off for comfort of carry that I'm willing to make.

I've added the Taran Tactical +1 base pad. It ads juuuuuuust enough length to make a difference in grip for me. I have a +3 on my spare mag. Both mags have been flawless so far.

Never had an issue with premature lock back-ation.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 43 also has Austria on slide.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
My 43 also has Austria on slide.

Mine as well.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I have no complaints on my Glock 43, I liked it so much I added a few upgrades, Ghoct 3.5 trigger, steel guide rod, Tru-Glow TFX day/night sights, and a Crimson Trace Green laser guard,Taran Plus 1 and Plus 2 extentions on my magazines, along with a Clinger Stinger IWB holster, my gun has been 100% reliable and groups in the size of a fifty cent piece at seven yards off hand, my 43 was fine without these up grade's but it rocks with them, for a back up or EDC, the 43 has a lot to offer, wearing it is a pleasure, I know it's there if needed, but it never feels in the way...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
Para,

Have you been to the range recently with your 43? Can you list the changes you made so far?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4451 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I narrowed down my search to a 43 and a Walther pps 9mm. I love my g26 and g19, but I found the Walther better in every way and bought one. But neither Walther nor g43 will fit in my back pocket like an lcp. Then I ran across the kahr pm9, which does fit in my back pocket. So if I appendix carry it is a g26. For pocket carry it is the kahr. Now I really don't have a place for the Walther and will probably sell to generate funds for all the Sigs I over indulged in this year.

Posts: 54 | Location: Myrtle beac SC | Registered: March 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Myself - Meh.
My wife - loves it.
So I gave it to her.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post

I carry this 43 99% of the time. I use Taran Tactical +1 base plate, Taran Tactical connector and 10 8 solid black sight. I need to order an Ameriglo orange/tritium dot for front but the factory front sight has been fine so far. I carry it in a DSG IWB holster I bought for $35 or $39 and its been good so far.

I have a 26 and I have not shot it since I got the 43 that's how much I like the 43.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3643 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was pretty surprised that I enjoyed shooting it as much as I did. I've never been much of a fan of the Glock grip angle and it seemed even more pronounced on the G43 than my G19 Gen4, but that gave me no problems.

Naturally, my father gave me a frustrated smirk when I put six rounds into a ragged hole with *his* newly bought G43. Fortunately he improved rapidly, as he tends to do.

When compared to my Kahr CM9 I'd pick the Kahr for the shorter barrel length, but otherwise, I like the G43 better. Would probably have to practice to ensure muscle memory doesn't put my first shots high, but that's true of any Glock for me and just a personal thing, not a real problem.

Posts: 2123 | Location: Dallas TX | Registered: December 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post