SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Don't clean your gun.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't clean your gun. Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
How do you guys dredge up nearly year old threads? The last post before today was august 2018. It's just weird anytime one of these comes back from the dead.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
???

There were some from March.

quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
How do you guys dredge up nearly year old threads? The last post before today was august 2018. It's just weird anytime one of these comes back from the dead.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Ok, so it's those guy's fault.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Who is that unfamiliar person in that meme? I know I've seen him from somewhere, but he's just... not important anymore. I'd say he ruined it with pride, too bad really.

Arc.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I think it's Connor McGregor, the UFC guy.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry. Been overcome with work and life.
haven't had a chance to read all the posts.

I understand and agree with the cleaning issue, but would like folks thoughts on lube.

Firearms can be dirty and lubed. Thats what I do.

Whats the thought on lubed AND dirty?

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I think it's Connor McGregor, the UFC guy.

That was sarcasm.

Arc.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Used to go crazy cleaning after each day of shooting. On a multi-day class, I’d clean every night after shooting.
Then an instructor I respect said his periodic routine is to wipe the big chunks off with a paper towel, reapply grease, then reassemble and drive on.
I still clean and relube my carry guneach time I shoot it, not because I have concerns about it not working, but because I don’t want any confusion if I haven’t fired the gun.

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texagun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:

I understand and agree with the cleaning issue, but would like folks thoughts on lube.

Whats the thought on lubed AND dirty?

I use whale sperm oil on all my guns but lately it's been getting difficult to get the whales to cooperate. The SPCA has filed a class action suit to stop this practice. They say it's cruel and unusual punishment. The whales disagree.

Posts: 333 | Location: North Texas | Registered: March 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to run my G17 thru the dishwasher along with dishes and flatware.

Ho boy, Wife really got pissed.

Did I do something wrong?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Well, it is Tupperware, no?

quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
I used to run my G17 thru the dishwasher along with dishes and flatware.

Ho boy, Wife really got pissed.

Did I do something wrong?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrandPotter
posted Hide Post
Oh crap! You are suppose to clean guns?

I may be weird and that is fine with me but I clean my guns only ONCE per year, and I have an Excel spreadsheet to prove it. I guess that makes me anal as well.

ALL women should Conceal Carry.

Posts: 4599 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: January 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post