SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I am going to the fun store tomorrow to pick up a 3rd gen 17L. Cool
Well, stay away from hot stoves, blast furnaces and the li'l plastic bits on SIG pistols, y'hear?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen...ahem. Real story. There ARE idiots out there. Eek

As for me, I'm smart and very careful. I store my Glocks and Sigs in the freezer. Wink

Tampa Bay Online
Published: February 19, 2013

Gun left in St. Petersburg oven explodes
By STEPHEN THOMPSON

Aalaya Walker got hungry while visiting a friend Monday evening, so the pair decided to make waffles in his oven.

Unfortunately, the friend forgot he had left a high-capacity magazine for his Glock .45-caliber handgun in there, according to St. Petersburg police.

A few moments after Walker, 18, preheated the oven in the apartment, at 218 24th St. N., there was an explosion. Walker was peppered with shell casing fragments though technically not shot – and she took a bus to St. Anthony's Hospital, a police report says.

She said she knew she was struck with fragments of a shell casing because she was able to pick them out of her skin.

Walker sustained superficial wounds from shell casing fragments.

Her friend, Jarvarski Sandy, 25, told police he had left his Glock 21 .45-caliber handgun in the oven drawer but had put the magazine, with four rounds in it, in the oven itself, the police report says.

No charges were filed. Sandy, who works at a Wal-Mart store, has no criminal record and a concealed weapons permit.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I found a pic of andronicus' Glock.

Looks like his Sigpro met the same fate.. Frown

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another Gen2 has joined the group here, this time a model 21 in all it's girthiness. Think I'll call this one "Fat Boy" no offence to you Harley riders out there.Wink
As for androcious, you posted in the Glock thread, that means you at least thought about having a Glock. That counts for something you know. Dale

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I found a pic of andronicus' Glock.

I'll bet it still works, though.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone else notice the G18 with standard capacity (Beta C Drum and the 33 round) Mags in Skyfall? Sweet...

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Skyfall#Glock_18

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't forget to obtain an alloy mainspring seat as well. The stock part is plastic. It's uhh...somewhat important to the function of fabulous, not-so-stoveproof SIG.

And make sure that the guide rod isn't made up of that dastardly poly stuff that SIG started using a lot of not so long ago...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I actually found a Gen 4 G26 for a fair price in this craze! I'm not in the habit of keeping it even on the dashboard of a hot car, let alone putting it on, in, near, or around an oven or stove... so I think it will continue to function as designed.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grabbed a third Gen. II Glock 19 this afternoon. Didn't need it, but I like the non-rail/fingergroove frames.

Also, got to see my stolen/recovered Glock 31 in court today. Hopefully, I will have it back by the summer.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Calculating Cooling
Capacity In Hell
Picture of sig239srt
posted Hide Post
I would like one of these!

Posts: 2625 | Location: AZ | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
You can't put a stock or foregrip on a pistol. Once you do, it's classified as a short barreled rifle, and requires a tax stamp.

That's the big problem with the recent rash of drop in pistol/carbine conversion kits, like Sig's recent offering of the ACP. With the buttstock, it requires a tax stamp. Without the buttstock, you just have a bulkier, heavier, more unwieldy pistol.

And no matter which way you go, it still has the original short barrel length, so you're still dealing with pistol cartridges with pistol muzzle velocities. You're better off just going with either a true SBR or a pistol caliber carbine.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
The new Tactical Scissors, DHS approved for self-defense, $70 in Polymer with rail...Brought to you by the Austrian Farmboys... Smile

Do not cut card board or heavy canvas, there is a rumor on the internet that Glock shears kaboom if you do. Smile

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just add my second Glock of the year. Picked up a G22 DE as I want to get back into a .40 full size for my carry gun.

Posts: 323 | Registered: October 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Finally picked up my G30S and G36 frame from my FFL today.
Since the G30S slide is the same as a G36, I bought a G36 frame to run that slide on.
Slide seems to function fine on both frames.
Most people put G36 slides on their G30SF frame, I put my G30S slide on my G36 frame.
I probably have the only reverse G30SF/G36 Hybrid around. Big Grin
Now I have a G30SF that will fit in my G19 holsters.
Also have the option of the thinner single stack G36 if I need it.

Going to the range with the BIL Saturday.

Pics of the pistol to come when I have time..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Got rid of my last P229 today. Traded it for an older brother for my Glock 19.

Now I need a Gen 4. Big Grin

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Just went back to a G19 Gen 4 myself. I'm tempted to pick up a G26 as well for a smaller carry option since I can use the G19 and G17 mags I already own in the subcompact.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Saw a fourth gen 21 in tan today at my LGS for a fair price. Wish I hadn't spent all that money at Crye now.....

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Was never a fan of the Glock and promised myself never to purchase one. I'm holding my ground thus far. While I do have one, it was given to me. I have a G-19 that I'm not crazy about. I did change the sights to better suit me.

Posts: 1512 | Registered: August 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Got rid of my last P229 today. Traded it for an older brother for my Glock 19.

Now I need a Gen 4. Big Grin

Nah...
Gen 1 and 2 is where its at..
I gotta find me a nice Gen 1 G17..

quote:
Originally posted by SigSauer228:
Was never a fan of the Glock and promised myself never to purchase one. I'm holding my ground thus far. While I do have one, it was given to me. I have a G-19 that I'm not crazy about. I did change the sights to better suit me.

What sights did you end up with?

Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
What ... a SIG for a Glock .. Frown

Well, if you have to go, it may as well be to the dark side.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post